GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Normal ECU does not really have any issues reading from the cas at higher rpms. I have spoken to several Japanese tuners including Mine's and they have all said there is no need to external trigger kits when using a std remapped ecu or an F con pro.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Can I use the kit with present ECU?????
You might get more replies if you ask a specific question.

What trigger kit are you talking about?

AFAIK there aren't too many people who can deal with the HKS ECUs. I think Abbey Motorsport can. Perhaps you should drop them a line.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Normal ECU does not really have any issues reading from the cas at higher rpms. I have spoken to several Japanese tuners including Mine's and they have all said there is no need to external trigger kits when using a std remapped ecu or an F con pro.

It is true that the ecu can read the cas signal fine but the problem is that it is the CAS signal that is the problem. So if an inaccurate reading is sent to the ecu that is what it will work with.

The bit about isnt neccessary is a tad innaccurate Im afraid - it should say cant and not no need because the standard ecu and the FCon simply wont work with a crank trigger system.

To clarify the CAS signal is only ever an issue with RBs tuned to a relatively high level or where the rev limit is high or of course where the CAS is worn out,

You only have to look at the threads of the "big builds" going on - most will be using a trigger system and an ECU better than the F Con. so there must be a benefit.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Sorry for my bad English, that's what I meant, aftermarket trigger kit will not work with std ecu or f con. But unless the cas is worn, they really do not have any problems with reading the timing even at high rpm as per my email replied from the Japanese tuners direct.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
The CAS is optical and it degrades with time. FACT.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
You need to tell the ecu where the sensor is and what type of sensor you are using, I am sure the HKS ecu will not let you edit those parts in the software but I may be wrong. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts