GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first official GTROC track day of 2007 and the first of its kind; a “triple-club” trackday – MLR/ SIDC/ GTROC will be held at Donington Park on Monday 5th March.

And best of all - it’s a NOISY DAY :clap: , open pitlane, with free instruction from our team of ARDS instructors, full tyre support from Protyre and trackside photography

Places are limited and initially open to Members only, with 15 places available for the GTROC. Please confirm attendance and send a cheque as soon as possible. If we don't get sufficient numbers (and payment) places will be made available to non-members from 1st February 2007, if there are any left by then ;)

Pricing:
Members - £149
Non Members - £169
Additional driver - £35
Passenger - £10

Novice places are available at this day, but due to Donington’s hire costs the price has to remain at £149 (for this day only) – although the Novice benefits of the additional info pack, extended briefing, scheduled tuition session with instructor and feedback card and will still be included.

Hopefully this is the start of a successful annual event(s) – a great way to kick-start this year’s trackday calendar. Let’s make this a cracking track day. Donington is a fantastic circuit and this is a rare Noisy Day (105dB drive by). Let’s put this event on the map by having full support from the club and showing these EVOs and Scoobies what we can do on track. FYI there will be plenty of magazine coverage for this event.

PROVISIONAL LIST
moleman
Snowfiend
johnmcq
Robbie 733
Speed Merchant
Harry
nismoman
Booty-licious
ATCO
phat gadgy
Bajie
Hodgie
Blue34

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Send a cheque made payable to GTROC and post it to the Club's address. If it's passenger rides only then pay on the day

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
ah cool got you,just to clear up,is it £10 for the whole day as a passenger per persone,or £10 per time in a car?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
£10 per passenger for the whole day. But you will need to bring proof of identity a crash helmet and must wear long trousers and a long sleeved top.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
sorry to sound like a complete noob at this,but does the helmet have to met rugulations or not?

never actually done a trackday ever before,so don't really know anythign about that

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It must be a proper crash helmet that's all. Either for bike/road use or for track use. Things like cycling helmets etc not allowed.

PROVISIONAL LIST
moleman
Snowfiend
johnmcq
Robbie 733
Speed Merchant
Harry
nismoman
Booty-licious
ATCO
phat gadgy
Bajie
Hodgie
Blue34
Alan

Please send payment (£149) - with Membership Renewal (£45) made payable to GTROC to the following address:
P.O.Box 43519
Putney
London
SW15 3WB

Payment must be received in January otherwise we will have to open this up to non-members.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
I have no idea whether my kakimoto will break the noise limit or not.
Will I be left out of pocket if they refuse to let me take part.
Anyone with a kakimoto have any idea ...

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Bajie, i believe the club own a db metre, speak to john and you should be able to find out quite easily.

·
Registered
627 Posts
My previous 33GTR had a hyper muffler exhaust and I was clocked at 106db on a static test and 103 on a driveby at Donington, if thats any guide. The worst thing you need to do is short shift after Goddards, but it does ruin your run down the start/finish straight.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Name added.

PROVISIONAL LIST
moleman
Snowfiend
johnmcq
Robbie 733
Speed Merchant
Harry
nismoman
Booty-licious
ATCO
phat gadgy
Bajie
Hodgie
Blue34
Alan
Neilo

·
Registered
594 Posts
John how many cars in total is expected from all clubs ?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We have not set a limit but may have to at this rate :)
Current figures are about 60 so far :squintdan:

BUT..... you MUST pay in order to be added to the list of confirmed attendees.

·
Registered
594 Posts
We have not set a limit but may have to at this rate :)
Current figures are about 60 so far :squintdan:
Nice one, I'd hate there to be grid lock;)

BUT..... you MUST pay in order to be added to the list of confirmed attendees.
I'll get the bank to do me a cheque tomorrow when Im in town and post it straight away :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 370 Posts