GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Fair one

however I do like to get the wheels off to give them a good clean. Also I service the mondingo and friends cars so I need a jack that can take a little punishment.

looking forward to next sunday...... brollies at the ready ha ha

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got the Costco one a few years ago, works a treat and is great for lowered cars. The jacking pad for the gtr is very useful.
Good to know ... Might go and get the Costco one myself.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,209 Posts
I would go for this, looks the same as the Costco one, which is probably made in china and rebranded 100 times over lol

2.5 Ton Lightweight Aluminium Chassis Racing Trolley Jack

In fact my Clarke jack is similar size to the one posted up top, it does the job but not ideal and you got to put a lot of effort into in and that's on an R32.
Looks like a good piece of kit. I have something very similar in steel (3T limit I think) which is amazingly heavy so if you can stretch to an ali version your back will thank you.

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
Looks like a good piece of kit. I have something very similar in steel (3T limit I think) which is amazingly heavy so if you can stretch to an ali version your back will thank you.
Mine is like that too being made of steel and weighs 40kg lol but still much better than those cheap little £30 ones as the jacking pad area is much bigger and wont damage the underside of the car like alot of those cheap ones will with such a small lifting area plus i always use wood for more protection too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.