GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.
I cant wait to get my hands on the gt-r early next year but I was thinking before I get the car and find out that I cant afford to run it. What are the true costs. I drive my vxr almost flatout everywhere so it eats tyres ( FWD ) and petrol. full tank on vxr is 190 miles - 52 pounds V power only

was thinking what the skyline is I herd its a big tank.
and services I herd is alot
How much is the 1,200 services and then the others I herd the 6k service is stupid money.

On avg how much a month are you spending on the gtr.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
1200 mile service is free :D

Tyres around £1250 for 4 (and may come down further in price)
Depending on your set up you can get 3000-12000 miles out of them.

Most people who have used tyres up quickly have done so on the track, and/or have the race set up.

But I doubt very much you'll be driving flatout everywhere in the GTR. It's extremely fast compared to your VXR.

I don't know how much my GTR costs a month, outside of finance and insurance payments. It's worth it in my eyes.

19-20mpg is what i'm getting.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thing is that u never get ur money.
I remember spending 22.5k on car then tuning it to 320 and rest another 10k on top in bits then selling it for about 15k will break my heart. but this is life.

which finance package did you go for you may pm me i can get a 20k dep on one its just borrowing the rest :)...

the 6k mile service I read is about 950 pounds which is mental in my mind. and the nearest nissian skyline garage is exeter which is about 150 miles away.

Petrol how much a full tank if you dont mind me asking.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
It's a new car - bound to lose money on it.

which finance package did you go for you may pm me i can get a 20k dep on one its just borrowing the rest :)...
I used Will at Jigsaw or Carfinance.net. 01782 854 631 (tell him Ian with the Black GTR in Glasgow sent you, so you get a similar deal. I think it was ScottyB who posted his details up here first, so you could mention his name too)

the 6k mile service I read is about 950 pounds which is mental in my mind. and the nearest nissian skyline garage is exeter which is about 150 miles away.
They pick your car up for you and drop it off. So distance is not an issue.

I haven't got a price for 6k service from my HPC. i haven't asked as i'm only at 1500miles.

But what it is, i'll put it down to owning a high performance car. eg tyres are expensive too.

I'm hoping by March next year prices will have come down. eg Nissan soften their stance on which oils need to be used.

Just read on PH that is has a 70litre capacity - i'll have to check the manual.
But i've only ever put 60ish litres in of V-Power in. Think it might have to do with the 2 tank set up.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow thanks for that.
Do you think that 20k dep is strong enough on taking out that much.
Insurance will be another one as I have 3 points already

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Wow thanks for that.
Do you think that 20k dep is strong enough on taking out that much.
Insurance will be another one as I have 3 points already
I put down £13500. I know another guy put down £10k
The rates being quoted were very good, so didn't make much sense to me to put in much more of a deposit.
There's a good thread on here discussing all the details...i'll try to find it for you.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just putting it all together seeing if I can afford one before I buy one.
Tyres look costly at my guy prices. servicing and all. insurance isnt bad at all to be honest.

will just see and play the waiting game...

another off topic question

are there main differences in the sat nav and non sat nav options or not. a different menu or something like that

thanks

·
Registered
942 Posts
I remember spending 22.5k on car then tuning it to 320 and rest another 10k on top in bits then selling it for about 15k will break my heart. but this is life.

Westway of Oxford quoted £199 for 6000 mile service not £950.
I never understand why people want to know how much it costs to fill a petrol tank....surely what you want to know is what the fuel economy is like. A big fuel tank just means longer between fill-ups. When people buy a big fridge they never ask how much it would cost to fill it up with food :D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Westway of Oxford quoted £199 for 6000 mile service not £950.
I never understand why people want to know how much it costs to fill a petrol tank....surely what you want to know is what the fuel economy is like. A big fuel tank just means longer between fill-ups. When people buy a big fridge they never ask how much it would cost to fill it up with food :D
LOL :D

Let me know when your down my way - we can have a 2 car meet now!

D

·
Registered
258 Posts

Litchfield charge £128 for the 6k service - who the heck charges £950? See info in my thread here: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/126128-litchfield-services.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
hI All
My 35 has done 21000 so far.
Optimisation cost £220, 6000 cost £780,12000 cost £800 18000 cost £1000 and the 24000 will cost £750.
My tank costs £90 to fill and shows 250 miles on range, but it depends how you drive.
First set of tyres did 16000 miles then new set cost £1250 and were fitted by JFE Exeter and aligned but I have been fighting the car ever since it was like a manic go kart gripping every groove in the road and trying to take me out, back end was extremely lively as well (forget 2nd gear hard pedal!).
Had the alignment done again at 21000 miles to be told the y are worn on all edges and the alignment was miles out.
Drives like a dream now but worried about the tyres wearing out quickly again after reading posts about the camber set up being for fast driving
(and believe me I don't drive slow).
Nissan have told me that the wheels only achieve optimum contact at speed as it's a race car.
Perhaps I will have to get the set up done differently to get some decent miles for my tyre money.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ps
I had the alignment done at Motorline Tunbridge Wells on a hunter machine which is great and recommended but cost £207.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
how does this differ from regular lazer allignment? my 4 wheel allignment cost £37.. and would of been free had it been within tolerance

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
hI All
My 35 has done 21000 so far.
Optimisation cost £220, 6000 cost £780,12000 cost £800 18000 cost £1000 and the 24000 will cost £750.
My tank costs £90 to fill and shows 250 miles on range, but it depends how you drive.
Is the optimisation not supposed to be free?

Also based on what previous people have said on this thread the 6000 service cost less than £200.....from Litchfields or even HPC?!

I do agree that it all depends on how you drive - as the range on my GF R32 has told us 225 for a full tank and then just under 400 for a full tank another time - we had been driving the car very differently both these time. At £90 to fill up - wow! If it's a £90 to fill a 70L tank then thats ~£1.29 per L?? Even for V power that is very expensive?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Those figures dont add up.....

1. Optimisation is free

2. 6000 mile service with oil change cost me £200

3. 50l tank in the GTR at £1.15 a litre, £57.50, not £70.....

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Those figures dont add up.....

1. Optimisation is free

2. 6000 mile service with oil change cost me £200

3. 50l tank in the GTR at £1.15 a litre, £57.50, not £70.....
Think he said it costs £90 to fill his tank mate. So if it's a 50L tank......thats £1.80 per L......:( maybe it's BP 102 fuel??:lamer:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts