GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow guys - i have been dreaming about this for ages and now I have my very own bit of magic.

The guys at Middlehurst (Chris, Andy and Jo) were fantastic.

You all know that the car is awesome!:thumbsup:
The sat nav system is very good - it even has speed camera alerts.
There is a USB socket in the arm rest which I was told that I can plug my ipod in to.

All i need do now is get some miles on it to get through the optimisation service - boy is it difficult to keep this baby under 3500 revs, let alone 70mph!

One question, I have the reverse sensors but when I reverse I hear one beeping from the dash which is to tell me that I am in reverse and one beeping from the sensors. Is there a way of turning of the warning beeper that is telling me that I am reversing. It is quite annoying.

Thanks,

·
Registered
968 Posts
Congrats on the new toy. Agreed, it is a big car but to make it beep like a Scania is indeed a bit over the top.;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I decided against the nissan tracker and went for a Tracker Horizon to keep the insurers (and my wallet) happy.

I already have a pogo-alert for the cameras which is much the best system that I have seen.

Should I have had them install anything else? I played with the idea of a y-pipe but thought I should leave it for now.

The ipod integration (through the standard ipod usb cable) is brilliant - I had the BMW system on my cooper S clubman but the Nissan version is so much easier.

At some stage I would like to find out how to update the sat nav with a road and camera update. I drove down the A1 of Saturday and it did not know that the roundabouts had been taken out last year!

As for the colour combo - it looks great. I thought about being very wide and getting raccoon.co.uk to do a full chrome vinyl cover but for £3k and only lasting 18 months it doesn't seem worth it.

Maybe if i do the gumball 1 day!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Detailers?

Excuse my ignorance but what do detailers do?

Is this to put go faster stripes on the beautiful beast?;)

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what do detailers do?

Is this to put go faster stripes on the beautiful beast?;)
Paul who i and others are using posted a thread on DetailingWorld.

Ultimate Shine - Ultimate Detail - Detailing World

It's a very detailed explanation but having met Paul yesterday, it all stacks up as he is someone who is very passionate about his work. Tell him i sent you :D (jk - i realise you are in London, but he's over an hour from me and worth the journey)

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

Is this orange peel?

Anyway, that is an awesome job, makes me want black again after changing to Ti.

Congrats hambroski, enjoy

·
Registered
167 Posts
Orange peel

Blimey !

I thought it was only the Germans who could no longer paint a car .....

Sadly with water based paints this is a trait that will continue, however looking around a nissan showroom on the other cars I could not see a patch of orange peel on any ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had a black GTR on order originally, but when I saw the orange peel on the one at Marshall's, I quickly changed my order to DMG. My wife has a black X5, and the difference between the paint finish is very noticeable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
black editon black

hey guys - got mine las month real beast in black done the 1200 miles in 10 days
now shes really beginin to move :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
unicorn picked up my black edition black car on friday the 9th from jfe exeter
had a guy called Zaff of 'project karma' based in bristol detail the car and it looked stunning, on driving home to bristol from exeter it rained all the way and picked up alot of road dirt spoke to zaff and he came out on friday the 16th and gave it another once over, fair play to him he is really into his job and getting results, he will soon be putting pictures onto his web site of the car
he travels and im sure he would look after you

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Thats why i went RED !!! No orange peel on mine !!

as for the reversing "bleep" turn the radio up louder !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts