GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got one of the original HUGE trust "airinx" induction foam filters on my GTI-R, and have just taken it off to give it a real good cleanup (using a pipercross foam filter cleaning kit).

The outside was covered in black dirt - but the inside is immaculate - good stuff.

Having just cleaned it (i'm letting it dry at the moment), should i spray oil over it or should this filter type remain dry fitted ? Last time i sprayed this oil stuff on it - which is supposed to help stop the crap getting in, but i am unsure as to whether i should be using this...

Cheers for any help anyone can offer.

Daz

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Daz,

I don't know for sure, but everything that I have read, heard about foam air fliter (HKS, Trust....etc), they don't require any oil on them.

The only type of air filter that require the use of oil are those that made out of cotton material (K&N mainly).

Sorry I am not much help, just wanted to put my thought into this.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for you responce.

i _think_ the pipercross filters are foam filters...not sure - but the kit is designed for use on foam filters, so i felt i could use it on my Trust one.

I've fitted it all back in now - and did spray some oil inside and out - just like last time. It seemed to do the trick last time as the inside of the filter was almost as new...so it must be stopping the dirt getting in.

Cheers,
Daz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts