GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok had the car 1 week and this morning I decided to put her on ramps and check the Exhaust as its blowing .Confronted by a Large TRUST Sump , are these any good and what is it actually known as in the trade Bottom End ? , could this suggest that there has been any performance internal work or would you install this as a precaution . The car is running standard boost but unsure if the turbos are standard.
The owner I bought from was a old guy and hadnt had any of the work done himself but did suggest that the previous owner spent major £££ on her.

Heres a pic

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9438/trustar7.jpg

Andy

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Its a sump extension, it stops oil deprevation by allowing a larger reservoir of oil, very helpfull on trackdays etc (especially for R32s).
From what i remember its and engine out job to fit so it may well have other uprated parts as well. Just a guess though.

Andy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
yes putting in the trust extended sump is an engine out and sump off job! one could have a fairly good guess and say the internals have been replaced/upgraded. take it to a tuner and get them to put a bore scope down the motor and check it out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts