GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be getting some Trust Dowmax springs soon, and one thing crossed my mind - I have no idea how much of a drop I should be expecting. I've seen a R33 V-spec with Dowmax springs and it was pretty damn low (just how I want it). Should I expect the same on my non-Vspec?

I was under the impression the shocks were the same on both V-spec/non-Vspec, only that the springs were different (10mm drop on former if I recall correctly).

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
springs

I think you will find that the shocks also differ on vspecs to non v spec.

HKS springs on non v spec shocks are good, nice drop and good handling, nice and easy to fit.

Any reasonable drop in mm's will result in catching the front splitter alot more so if you are going for it, put it on the floor:)

Dirk.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone confirm this for me, that V-Spec's have different shocks to non V-specs?...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Durzel, I have recently had the Trust spring fitted to my v33 and 30 mm sounds about right. From memory, there is only a small gap left between the front wheel arch and the tyre, and the front spoiler now catches coming out of the drive! Looks much better than it did before though (esp at the front).

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hi there,

Yes the V-spec has uprated shocks and lower springs compared to a normal GTR.

Taken from the Specs Section on this site :-

ATTESA E-TS PRO can redirect up to 50% of the torque to the front wheels within 1/1000th of a second.
Active LSD system splits the torque between the rear wheels.
Even harder, and 10mm lower, suspension.

Seeya

Richard

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
yep rich is right

the vspec has considerable upgrades to the struts and this accounts for the firmer ride along with the springs. Also had big upgrades to the diff as well as the wishbones.
The springs drop the car by about 30mm and I had it done last week Durz. Well chuffed and it looks mean. Also a slightly better ride and more progressive over the bumps whilst still retaining the taughtness of the ride.
Awesome now.
See you at bolney. have you thought about the Thames valley meet end of march...see meet thread.

Nic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts