GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone used or considering using these......???

I'm having a bit of a problem trying to work out if these replace BOTH elbows and downpipe. Looking at the description on Nengun website and I'm getting myself all confused:confused: :confused: :confused: :chuckle:
By the looks of the flange I'd say it bolts on to turbo exhaust housing but looking at the angle of them I'd have to say different as their not a 90deg bend, more 45ish.

Anyone care to put me out of my misery :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

TT

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am actually VERY interested in using these myself. I was going to run this pipe with my T517Z. It came highly recommended to me over here in the states, but I would also be very interested in hearing what others have to say.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy's. That settles it, will add these to the shopping list :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan
BTW, is there a noticeable difference in spool up / power delivery???
TT

·
Registered
85 Posts
I to was excited at the thought of buying these for my 34 GTR.

Have been told since that they are actually not a striaght bolt on for the 34 -his exact words were -

"I really don't recommend them as the fitment is quite bad. They are really designed for a trust turbo kit and this may explain why they dont fit other turbos very well.

It's a turbos out job to fit them and they make changing the O2 sensors an absolute bitch of a job, possibly impossible without removing the turbos so if you do buy them, buy new O2 sensors too (about 150 - 180 each from nissan).

You also are forced to remove the air-conditioner water outlet hose which causes the air con water to leak all over your exhaust when its hot. Causing strange hissing noises which have you searching around the engine bay thinking WTF?!?!

If you have your engine out for any reason and put them on, you gotta be extremely careful putting it back in and I wouldnt trust the average workshop to do that without bending multiple things.

All in all i regret putting them on my car and may very well get rid of them next time the engines out."

So im still looking at options :(

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, with the above in mind, how many of you are using them with standard/HKS turbo's?
ANDY H - how did your find fitting these to your R32?

TT

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
There an excellent fit ! the nuts are an ars on the turbo flang to get to and you have to remove the bottom turbo bracket on the rear turbo,not sure on performance yet as my car is still not running (on going mods).

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The only difference between the 32 and 33/34 versions is the thread for the sensors.

i have these on my car and they are a real nice bit of kit, inside diameter (I know it's not actually round) at the turbo end is bigger than any elbows I've seen (but this does make nut fitment a pain) apart from that they fit fine. They do make engine fitment/removal a tiny bit harder, but that is certainly no reason to be scared of them. i didn't notice any difference in spool up compared to Tomei elbows, but the perform brilliantly when up in the revs. All in all a bloody good product.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a set of these in my things to do pile.

not really looking forward to it but i think i am going to pull the engine out to fit them as i have been told they are very fun to fit! i might see my options really and just pull off turbos..

will have to wait and see

but i hear they are the goods!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well mine arrived the other day from Nengun
9 days from ordering to my door , clearly getting very much better with their delivery times these days :thumbsup:

Wow, that's quick. Have you installed it yet?
What are your opinions on it.
I ordered mine on the 14th Oct. arrived to where I am (Malaysia) on the 31st. Oct. .I guess it took a little longer as I changed the order to the one's with the Ex. Temperature Sensor attachment. Waiting for it to clear customs now... Can't wait!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I to was excited at the thought of buying these for my 34 GTR.

Have been told since that they are actually not a striaght bolt on for the 34 -his exact words were -

"I really don't recommend them as the fitment is quite bad. They are really designed for a trust turbo kit and this may explain why they dont fit other turbos very well.

It's a turbos out job to fit them and they make changing the O2 sensors an absolute bitch of a job, possibly impossible without removing the turbos so if you do buy them, buy new O2 sensors too (about 150 - 180 each from nissan).

You also are forced to remove the air-conditioner water outlet hose which causes the air con water to leak all over your exhaust when its hot. Causing strange hissing noises which have you searching around the engine bay thinking WTF?!?!

If you have your engine out for any reason and put them on, you gotta be extremely careful putting it back in and I wouldnt trust the average workshop to do that without bending multiple things.

All in all i regret putting them on my car and may very well get rid of them next time the engines out."

So im still looking at options :(

ZILR was right. These are not worth the trouble for an R34. I've just gotten this fitted to a V-Spec II nur and I must stress that they are a b*tch to fit. First of, the N1 tubbies already have a plate that seperates the actuator gasses from the exhaust so you have to shave, if not cut either the ones in the tubbies or the ones from the Trust pipes.
After getting that sorted, the placement of the holes for the bolts are so tight/misaligned, you have to shave here, there and everywhere just to get them to fit. All in all it took a whole friggin' day for something that was supposed to be a bolt on job. I will NOT reccommend these to anyone at all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.