GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one thing i dont think is fitted to my car which i think is a neccesity if im going to be doing a lot of trackdays.

I've founf the Trust one on Nengun and its bout £170+the usual! but what does it take to fit one.

A good friend of mine is a mechanic, is this something he could do?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
It's an engine out job.

It's easy enough to do once its out, you'll need to find a good welder too. I took mine to the welder with diff etc still in and they carefully welded it to the sump. Oil changes become pretty expensive though! About 9 litres+.

Yours may have a baffle inside though like the nismo or tomei one. It would be odd that Reinik would take an engine out do all the work they have and not do this. Does the oil pressure drop on acceleration at all. On my old Nur engine, if the oil wasn't filled to the max the pressure would drop under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd, hence I'll be fitting the Trust sump extension to it before it goes back in.

Cheers
Nito

·
Premium Member
3,768 Posts
Engine out, sump off, weld it on.

The trust one isn't a necessity - there are other capable sump mods for track work - you may already have a Tomei, Jun, Nismo or hopefully a Reinik sump baffle fitted in the standard sump.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got my first track day in the car on the 14/4 at mallory park so ill see what happens then.

like you said nito i find it hard to believe that they did all this work and built the car for the track but didnt modify the sump or put a baffle in it.

No the oil doesnt drop under acceleration, it has very good if not high oil pressure i have been told.

Lightspeed: where bouts are you in the "south-west" mate?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
You CAN remove the sump with the engine in situ.

Which is easier, I can't say having never done it. but I'd sure give it a go...

3,663 Posts
ive got my first track day in the car on the 14/4 at mallory park so ill see what happens then
I would not run a car at Mallory without a large sump conversion IMHO Gerards is a long corner very fast your car will suffer oil starvation.

Mark

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Listen to Mark, Mallory is the biggest oil surge killer circuit in the UK. Gerrards, a VERY fast, very high G right hander has killed more engines through oil surge than any other corner probably in Europe. IMO, unless you KNOW you have a totally bullet proof oil pick up system, avoid it!! The only time I ran a none dry sumped engine there resuted in oil starvation, and that had NEVER happened elsewhere, to this particular installation. It was even wet, with lower G forces because of the conditions. Luckily it wasn't my car, and the owner was warned of what would probably happen, but he was a disbeliever....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had the car on the ramps yesturday and its a standard sump but me and my limited knowledge couldnt tell if there was anything else done.

all i have on the spec sheet is about the N1 oil pump but nothing else.

what kind of money would you charge to fit a sump then mark?

cheers

3,663 Posts
Me quoting for work.....

best ask Gary mate.....:D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i only thought it fair that since it was mark who pointed out the mallory park issue that i ask him to quote for the trust sump extension.

up to them if they want the work or not :)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Garages will never quote for work openly, it's not in their interest. But they will for parts.

People often get quoted different prices for the same work.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts