GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
question to all!

a lot of tuners use endoscopes (i think thats what they are called) to look inside an engine and check for things like Det and if it has any internal mods to it.

Can this be done to a sump, i.e. can someone tell if my car has an modified standard one or a baffle, etc?

the quote i have been given to fit a Trust sump is high but i expected that due to having to take engine out first, my worry is the engine gets taken out and the sump gets taken off to find that it does have a baffle fitted and the sump has been modified.

From my understanding and the work and money that has gone into the car i can belive they would of neglected this considering it was built for track / fast road?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
cough.. a lot more than 1k mate!!!

my mate is a mechanic and my cars going to him next week so im going to get him to have a look at it and see what he thinks and whether he would help do it DIY style!!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
You can remove the front turbo oil drain pipe on the block and insert the endoscope in there. It's not impossable but you'd need the kind that you can 'steer'.

Can you not contact the tuning company who built you engine?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
already tried the route Andy, i spoke to Ben Linney, i was considering trying Reinik direct but i doubt they would take much notice of a bumbling idiot from England.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Luffy,

If it looks like a stock sump from the outside, at best it will have a aftermarket baffle like the Tomei one. (I bet you could feel for a baffle with a coat hanger wire through the drain plug)

However, that is still not good enough for serious track work, so you may as well plan to get a sump extension done.

·
Registered
391 Posts
mmm thanks, :(

you have just confirmed a few lingering thoughts and suspicions i had and have talked me out of the Mallory trackday.

Sump baffle first.

Bugg4r :mad: better safe than well pi55ed off I suppose.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Just drift the whole length of that corner - problem solved :D :D

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Luffy said:
already tried the route Andy, i spoke to Ben Linney but i doubt they would take much notice of a bumbling idiot from England.
PMSL

Oops, sorry. Some of the original text didn't paste.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
your making Ben sound bad Tim!!

I spoke to Ben about it and he said that all he knows is what his Japan Buyer told him which is the sped i have, so the other option was to contact Reinik Direct but like i said above, would they really listen to a "bumbling Idiot from England"

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Now we're talking!! maybe one of them is fitted to my car, im going to send them and email and see if i get a reply but im not holding my breath!

cheers lightspeed

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
lightspeed - do you know if reimax fits directly into a std sump?

looks good piece of kit - which I'm considering

thx

21 - 40 of 110 Posts