GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am, looking at track days over the next month and then more going forward.

But my main concern with the car is having a few hot laps and then parking up for a bit because the transmission is cooking.

Looking around, the options seem to be Forge at around 2.5k to 3k or Dodson at around half that.

For track days, so I'm getting 10 to 15 good laps in before a rest is the Dodson going to cut it or an I pretty much going to have to take the Forge path?

Responses from those that track and have tranny coolers would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Richard

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
My SSP kit works superbly well, kept temps at 94 yesterday at Brunters, and never got above 102(ish) at Oulton Park on Tuesday.

My kit was using the SSP cooler and pump, and getting Japspeed's sump. Obviously not an all in one solution but at around £1800 all fitted, was much cheaper.

I'm now very glad I went with this setup as I still have room on the passenger side intake to add a secondary oil cooler. That may come early next year ready for next season's track days in the "warmer" summer.

I'll add that the "DIY" element is the combining the best bits from several manufacturers, not the SSP cooler itself which is well proven in the US.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

CC I've just aksed on your thread what it cost. :)

I'm guessing it's not only good but not approaching £3k like the Forge version once you add on about 10 hours labour?

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Have replied.

Should also add that the Forge cooler requires removal of the upper skin of the undertray. Not a big issue for some, but I want one with brake cooling ducts when they become available and the Forge setup may have prevented that.

A similar issue would arise with where my SSP core is mounted if you were to get bigger aftermarket intercoolers as some come up high behind the bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts