GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
After waiting over two months now to get my car in to be mapped I'm fed up of all the procrastination and don't feel inclined to give the company my hard earned money to map it....
I'm thinking strongly of going over to the uk to have it mapped and am looking for a good tuner near holyhead to map it for me.
The car is an r34 gtr that I've replaced the engine in, it has 750cc injectors, z32 afm's, hks 2530's, apexi induction kit, fujitsubo exhaust system, apexi power fc.
The afm's aren't wired up yet because I was leaving all that to the mapper, what I want to know is, if I put the original injectors and afm's in, would the car be drivable so that I could get it over to the uk?
Also I want to know the cost of mapping the car over there and also how long it would take so I can work out how much I'll need including travel etc...
All help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nazams, how far are they from holyhead? I wouldn't mind driving a distance as long as it was safe for the engine to do so

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I might contact them if I can find out if changing the injectors will work, I have dealt with them before, i bought some carbon fenders off them...

3,663 Posts
Stephen, the nearest tuner to you is RB Motorsport.

Stick the sock injectors/AFM's in speak to your tuner and maybe send them the ECU they can upload a good safe map for you to drive over to them I am a sure.

MGT are pretty good , we are to far from you to be honest unless you do want to travel down south;

I would imagine around 4 hours max to tune the spec of car you have weather it is tuned on the dyno or on the road.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey mark, I was hoping you would weigh in with your opinion, thanks for the advice I appreciate the help and value your opinion greatly, I'll contact rb and see where they are located, hopefully I'll get this all sorted by the weekend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Stephen, the nearest tuner to you is RB Motorsport.

Stick the sock injectors/AFM's in speak to your tuner and maybe send them the ECU they can upload a good safe map for you to drive over to them I am a sure.

MGT are pretty good , we are to far from you to be honest unless you do want to travel down south;

I would imagine around 4 hours max to tune the spec of car you have weather it is tuned on the dyno or on the road.
Mark are you planning to have a vacation to Cyprus this summer?? lol.

3,663 Posts
I have another GTR owner that wants me to travel to Cyprus to tune his car, maybe you 2 can organise my trip between you? Send me a email and I can talk to both of you guys re a tuning trip to Cyprus.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
As Mark says RB Motorsport are the closest to Holyhead and Rod is a master of the power FC and to be honest i can't rate him (them) highly enough as i have been going there for 7 years with no worries whatsoever. Give them a call 01704 822848 (dear god i just typed the phone number straight from memory :()

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, just to update, John at ECC contacted me yesterday about mapping the car for me, I've decided I'm giving tdp until the end of this week to take the car and if he doesn't take it by then I'm going to try John because I can get to his without havin to pay for a ferry.
Has anyone had any experience with ECC?, I was looking at their website and they seem competent and professional

1 - 11 of 11 Posts