GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a GTR R33. Not sure whether to but a normal or v spec as I have no idea what the difference between the two is. Can anyone tell me what the differences are and if there is any difference in power. Also, what power car I put the car up to where I wont be damaging the engine.

Cheers

Laurence

·
Registered
331 Posts
hi mate do a search there is loads of info on this subject

v spec and non isnt really any difference

same power

The R33 V-Spec gets the Pro version of ATTESA-ETS with revised torque proportioning, a stiffer and 10mm lower suspension and an active rear diff........oh and a nice stickernot much different to be fair

Rear diff has fins on

Stage 1 mods will be 400bhp-430bhp and that will run all day long

turbos take 1 bar of boost (std)

engine can be tuned over 1000bhp as u properly already know.

When u looking to get one?

I'm local what u driving now?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just sold my evo 8 MR. Looking to replace it with something seriously quick.

Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looking at buying a GTR R33. Not sure whether to but a normal or v spec as I have no idea what the difference between the two is. Can anyone tell me what the differences are and if there is any difference in power. Also, what power car I put the car up to where I wont be damaging the engine.

Cheers

Laurence
i was advised by abbey when i had bigger turbos, fuel pump, injectors ect fitted NOT to run any more than 1.2 bar of boost, on a standard engine, if i wanted a car that would'nt be likely to blow up on me. i went against their advice and ran 1.4bar (with a metal head gasket) and the car lasted 3 weeks before a piston ring went.
im sure you could get 500bhp running 1.2 bar on a standard engine.:squintdan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow......R34...what a stunning car. I looked into one of them but to be honest I couldn't justify 40+k for it. Saw one the other day....stood out more than a ferrarri!!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have just sold my evo 8 MR. Looking to replace it with something seriously quick.

Where abouts are you?
im from gillingham too well in between gills and rainham

i drive the white GTR with Grey powered coated wheels

when u getting one? now? im the new year?

must admit tok me 6 months to find me the right one with the spec i wanted

·
Registered
318 Posts
wow......R34...what a stunning car. I looked into one of them but to be honest I couldn't justify 40+k for it. Saw one the other day....stood out more than a ferrarri!!!!
you can get one for alot cheaper than 40k. i paid 25k for mine(plus a 5k registation bill) so 30k in total. mind you ive spent over 20k in mods so the car does owe me a few quid now. im sure you could get a low milage decent one that is already registered for 25kish if you had a good hunt about......
just get a massive bank loan init!! thats what i done:chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is my biggest worry about buying a skyline....I dont want to be paying out left right and centre keeping it running properly. With Evo's they just run and run with very little to worry about. I just want a car to be quicker than a 400 bhp evo!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
that is my biggest worry about buying a skyline....I dont want to be paying out left right and centre keeping it running properly. With Evo's they just run and run with very little to worry about. I just want a car to be quicker than a 400 bhp evo!!
evo are quick to 60mph but the skyline tend to get going once rolling

60-120+mph in a 400bhp skyline is a fair but quicker than a boosted up evo due to gearing and top end etc.. Evo slow up top end but v quick off the lights

look for 1 with stage 1 mods 1 bar boost and should be fine :)

Selling mine in april 07 will leave 400bhp evo behind on stage 1 setting and u have another stage 2 setting for the extra power if u wish :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
whats stage 1 consist of ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
yeah where my office is

I'm running stage 1 & 2 mods

pulleys & cams, apexi intercooler, hard pipes, apexi air filters, downpipes, exhaust, apexi boost controller, ecu, turbos, HKS coilovers, Top Secret bumper, uprated brakes disc, pads and loads of stuff i forgot LOL

500bhp+

Where have u started to look for one?

How much you wanna spend?

There are a few places that sell them just got to view them to find the best one

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow.....that must be seriously quick!!!!

I wanted to import one myself. I am a car trader and I mainly sell Subaru's and Evo's but I want a skyline for myself. I wanted to import one directly but was told that anything under 10 years old that needs an SVA cant be imported due to new laws or something

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah she is very quick just pull right round the clock any gear any speed

u wont be disapointed - std form i cant comment but anything with stage 1 or above will be a lot more fun to drive

there are a few companies that are highly recommended on here

do a search - im sure u can find loads on info importing cars or getting companies to do it for u

better to buy one already in the uk

least u know its been set up correctly and get a bit more history

most imports have very little paper work

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheers mate....when I get it I will drop you a line and come and show you....hopefully it will be a quality one!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
When we are talking about remapping can the standard Jap ECU be remapped for Optimax or is the only route a GEMS or Autronics etc ?

PS Cool looking machine , think i'll get my wheels powder coated too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts