GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this would be the correct place to ask, does anyone know where i can get info to tune motec ecus?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Sean,

My car is not a stripped out racer, it's a nearly full weight car.

I also don't drive it very often in anger which is probably why my 60 ft times aren't that great.

Also the surface at TOTB is concrete with lots rubber laid on top, so I am not sure how it would compare to a prepared track.

Hugh

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Hugh Keir said:
My car is not a stripped out racer, it's a nearly full weight car.

I also don't drive it very often in anger which is probably why my 60 ft times aren't that great.

Also the surface at TOTB is concrete with lots rubber laid on top, so I am not sure how it would compare to a prepared track.
Weight doesn't matter much in mph. MPH shows power. ET shows how you are getting it off the line. The MPH shows you are making a tonne of power.

You need to get angry at the thing, and run some 8 second passes..;) ;)

Concrete hooks better than asphault if its prepared correctly. The "good" drag strips have concrete launch pads, or concrete to 100 feet- 300 feet.

Launching a really powerful AWD car is a trick though. That balance between wheelspin, clutch slip, and keeping it pointed in the right direction. Torque steer is fun. I have nearly crossed the center line before on a hard 1-2 shift.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
heya Sean seriously I been to that airfield and the track really sucks for traction

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Hugh Keir said:
Yup thats the ones I was using in 17"

I will admit I need more practise

Honestly, it doesn't look like it leaves badly. Squats a little, and has a little wheelspin.

Other than that it fairly goes . Couple more passes and it should be deep in the 9's.

It sounds like it falls off boost on the 1-2 shift. Listening to MOV22 and MOV32. Thats probably costing you at least 1/2 a second.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Sean,

I was clutching from 1st to 2nd and I agree, the engine died badly at that point.

I will get the gear lever strain gauge working again and I guess the times will improve.

Thanks for your observations

Hugh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts