GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there , as you have more experience on the gtr engines , i need to make some tuning desision, i want to run 600+hp , my base engine is a nismo rtune engine with all the bits , my base concure is the milege the car has at the moment about 50000 miles , how can i achieve in a right way the horsepower im looking for , the car is a street driven ,a few trackdays no drag what so ever, where do i start rebuilding ? new pistons , etc etc , i open this thret because al tuning speciaalist have diffrent ideas ,

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'd say work from the outside in - make sure you've got all your supporting systems upgraded (fuel, oil, water, air), and then look at cranking up your turbos and putting in some cams.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
out

0ut side off the engine .im ready except off clutch and turbos everything is ready.my consuren is the milege on the engine . is a rebuild nesecery . etc etc come on with the info guys

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'm not sure what the internals on an R-tune engine are, so it's hard to say. But going in order of most critical to least inside the block(IMHO), it's 1)conrod bolts, 2)pistons and rings), 3) bearings, 4)conrods, and 5)crankshaft. Uprated head gasket is of course assumed.

As far as whether or not a rebuild is necessary...it really depends on your individual engine and how it's been driven. You might get another 50K miles out of your current block, or you might just get 10K. You'll either have to go with gut instinct, or tear down your short block and visually inspect everything.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
600+ hp 50,000 miles.

Do a leakdown test on it. Note the numbers.

How much more than 600 ? This stuff is say 600 at the motor.

You want to take it apart and inspect it. Check rods, pistons, crankshaft. Replace the rings, bearings, rod bolts, if no other damage.

While its apart, touch the head. Put some decent cams in it. Mix and enjoy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts