GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done a few searches and im still a bit vague about where to go next with my r33 gtr

im aiming for roughly 500bhp atw on as stock a engine as possible for now anyway....

the car currently has
full stainless system including down pipes and d-cat
hks filters
jun ecu
greddy boost controller running .95bar
twin plate clutch
alloy radiator
coilovers

im hoping to build her up bit by bit, but is this possible or do i now need to buy everything and get it all fitted at the same time?

i want to stick to the twin turbo set up to keep the car as it was intended.

am i correct in thinking the next move would be bigger injectors and a up rarted fuel pump?

then probably uprated turbos, followed by intercooler, hard pipe kit and then cams and pulleys (havent got a clue which cams would be the best set up). and naturally bigger brakes.

any comments apriciated :bowdown1:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Injectors and fuel pump would be a good next step, but would have to be mapped. And seeing you have a JUN ECU it may mean you'll have to run a piggyback ECU, i.e. HKS F-CON SZ or newer Si, or alternatively something like a PFC. So dependant on this, the ECU maybe the next logical step

And you don't really need a uprated intercooler for 500bhp and hard pipe kit, so save some money there. You could probably get a hard pipe kit later. Cam-wise, maybe some Tomei 260/260 9.15mm jobbies should be fine dependant on turbo setup.

You will save money if you do it once, as you will save mapping costs dependant on what ECU you decide to use. If you do it step by step then it is advisable and common practice to check everything is fine, mapping-wise.

All IMHO!!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello again! and thanks for your reply on this thread.

had a hks f-con pro on my old supra tt and wasnt too impressed with it tbh, what are my other options?

if the standard i/c is good for 500bhp atw, then i may as well buy the turbos, cams, fuel pump and injectors and get them fitted at the same time as the ecu.

you ve probably guessed from my other thread that the turbos im intrested in are the hks 2530s. am i right in thinking these would make a good fast road car turbo set up for the power i require? and if so would the Tomei 260/260 9.15mm jobbies be a good cam set up to work with them?

sorry for all the questions, just trying to work out what step to take next, much apricated

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thats the kiddie,

Not sure if the 32 and the 33 are the same as the add states though so make sure but Im sure someone else will tell you.

The hand controller has many different uses and allows you to see many different perameters that your car is running. Its very handy for example to see the knock levels etc, whilst your driving along you can have it, and other paremeters displayed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts