GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked my GTR 2017 in for a 4.5 upgrade with Severn valley motorsport next week .after many long emails and phone calls with 3 of the closest tuners Severn valley will take my money .cant wait for the end results but not looking forward to being 16k lighter in the wallet.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
16 grand? you forging the engine?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to do that YET! But having upgraded clutch and basket , limited slip diff , gearbox circlips,intercooler and so on . Can't wait tbh

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You have far far to much money !!!!!!

Bobby

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
16k....... you must be ****ing mental mate! You can forge the engine for less than that and probably still get turbos as well, better end result, certainly in the long run!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
16k....... you must be ****ing mental mate! You can forge the engine for less than that and probably still get turbos as well, better end result, certainly in the long run!

Don't stress mate lol , it's my money after all. What I want is what has been priced and SVM was the most competitive by far I won't go into details as it's not something in would do,i could copy all the quotes and your eyes would certainly water .

Just be happy for me lol

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Don't stress mate lol , it's my money after all. What I want is what has been priced and SVM was the most competitive by far I won't go into details as it's not something in would do,i could copy all the quotes and your eyes would certainly water .

Just be happy for me lol
I'm happy you're happy but........ wrong mods if you're willing to spend that sort of money mate

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mate, hats off to you by getting three quotes, most people would just go with their favourite tuner so well done on doing your homework.
As for getting better mods for the price.....well that's only down to individual preference. If we were all the same it'd be a pretty boring world.
I'm sure you'll be over the moon with the mods you've chosen and I'm sure severnvalley would have given you sound advice.

Well done mate and remember to let us know what your thoughts are when you get it back:bowdown1:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mate, hats off to you by getting three quotes, most people would just go with their favourite tuner so well done on doing your homework.
As for getting better mods for the price.....well that's only down to individual preference. If we were all the same it'd be a pretty boring world.
I'm sure you'll be over the moon with the mods you've chosen and I'm sure severnvalley would have given you sound advice.

Well done mate and remember to let us know what your thoughts are when you get it back:bowdown1:
Cheers mate i can't wait, I will post once all work is complete , also been told that ECUTEK version 7 has been released ? The advise i received from all tuners was great with some very different opinions !

Thanks again
Paul

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
As you say it's your money, I guess you have done your homework and know you could have the same bhp / torque result for @£5k or less
Just realised you are having turbos so add another £3-4k

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As you say it's your money, I guess you have done your homework and know you could have the same bhp / torque result for @£5k or less
Hi mate your probably right but I asked for certain items and was priced accordingly . I know for sure I won't get what I asked for for 5k some upgrades that are being done are to hopefully make the GTR last at least a few years (air on the side of caution)

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Having recently grenaded my engine stage 4.25 I'd do things very differently this time.... the first thing I'd do if I was upping the power considerably, which is where you seem to heading, would be the forge of the engine and a stage 4 with some money to the side for gearbox upgrades as and when they break.

Having pushed the standard bottom end seemingly to its limits (which is much less that where you're heading) I'd do things differently lol

Not sure you're going to appreciate the upgrades so your torque will still be capped due to bottom end and gearbox

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey man!

Which exhaust did you choose to go with?

Are you going to add on the warranty through svm too?

4.5 is something I will be considering at some point too what made you choose svm in the end?

Congrats on getting it sorted! It's gonna be a beast I bet!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Having recently grenaded my engine stage 4.25 I'd do things very differently this time.... the first thing I'd do if I was upping the power considerably, which is where you seem to heading, would be the forge of the engine and a stage 4 with some money to the side for gearbox upgrades as and when they break.

Having pushed the standard bottom end seemingly to its limits (which is much less that where you're heading) I'd do things differently lol

Not sure you're going to appreciate the upgrades so your torque will still be capped due to bottom end and gearbox
Grenaded my engine lol sounds painful I that , I have an 09 GTR as well which is running a stage 4.25 pretty much since it was newish and the only failure has been clutch basket and whilst out upgraded the circlips other than that not missed a beat so fingers crossed .

Thanks for the heads up its appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey man!

Which exhaust did you choose to go with?

Are you going to add on the warranty through svm too?

4.5 is something I will be considering at some point too what made you choose svm in the end?

Congrats on getting it sorted! It's gonna be a beast I bet!!
Hi mate that a very good question so far it's SVM 102mm pipes but checking if my o/e tips will go back on (I like them lol) was thinking about the warranty but will probably won't bother . SVM was chosen simply by advice, price and basically recommendation a good friend of mine has an SVM 1000hp (forged)build and can't praise the guys enough .

Will let you know how it all goes

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What spec turbo's are you going for?

Been through a similar process myself and I'm running stage 4.5 on a stock bottom end (795bhp). It's certainly a concern for me, would be extremely tempted to forge at the same time if I were you. It will be my next move with the car, fingers crossed it makes it to winter when I plan on doing it.

In my opinion, if you don't want to go to the expense of forging the motor then I'd stick to stage 4 with a low torque map. 90% of the power, 1/4 of the cost.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi mate that a very good question so far it's SVM 102mm pipes but checking if my o/e tips will go back on (I like them lol) was thinking about the warranty but will probably won't bother . SVM was chosen simply by advice, price and basically recommendation a good friend of mine has an SVM 1000hp (forged)build and can't praise the guys enough .

Will let you know how it all goes[/QUOTE]

Nice one! Wish you best of luck hope all goes well! I've heard the SVM 102mm they sound awesome great choice!

Yeah deffo let us know how it goes will be great to know your thoughts once all the works done!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts