GTR Forum banner

turbo coolant line info

791 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  roadie 
#1 ·
I am very close to buying a GT4088R turbo and pulling my T88-34D. I know the downpipe needs adapting to accept the v-band (as opposed to the ol' school 4 bolt), and I need to re-introduce the coolant lines. The one line on the front of the engine is easy enough, but what about the line running behind the engine?? Where does it tie into and if I cannot access it can I draw or push the coolant to/from another location ???
Also, does anyone know if the GT4088R can hit anywhere near 650hp at 1.6 bar with a .95a/r turbine housing ????

#2 ·
The coolant lines run behind the the head to the back left side behind/under the wiring harness. If you loosen the 3 allen bolts and disconnect the injector plugs and the 3 plugs towards the back left side of the head you can move the harness over the middle of the engine and you can see 4 black hoses in between the head and the firewall. The two small ones are vacuum and the medium and large ones are coolant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.