GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on installing some aftermarket Turbo elbows with Separate wastegate tube.
#1 Is this the install from hell like it looks?

#2 Are They worth it on a car that will run a basic boost up and a few other things? (300-350AWHP)

#3 Any tips to install them? They are SSautochrome units.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
C'mon guy's, surely SOMEONE has fitted new elbows to their car. Would be interested to find the answer to the above quesion myself. Straight forward or a bit of a bu99er?? Any useful tips??

TT

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The job itself would be straightforward if you could get to it.. everything on that side of the engine is so damn hard to get to.. bare knuckles await those that take on the job :)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Sorry to harp on, but it would be a simple job with the engine removed, same as inlet manifold gaskets the other side.

Recently, we've worked on both sides of my engine with it in situe, both jobs would have been a doddle with it out..

No room to do anything easily with it in place.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Thanks for that mate. I take it though it CAN be done in-situ albeit with much blood, sweat and tears (just like every other job on a car LOL)??

TT

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes it can be done, all thats required is patience, like i said on another thread, mechanic mate of mine swapped my turbo's from start to finish in 7 hours.. (first attempt at skyline turbo's)

He invented new swear words in that time period tho :)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
You will need to take both turbos out to do this. It's a weekend's work if you've not done it before.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Someone on this site said it could be done with the turbos still in the car. But after doing mine, I can't see how. It's a good time while the turbos are out to rebuild them or swap ceramic internals, that sorta thing. I put the SSautochrome ones in my car. Decent quality, very good price. BUT, I hope they last......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts