GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, im thinking of running an external wastegate on my R32 gtst. i know it isnt the biggest engine but that will be upgraded soon, i just need help with this first please.

how do i go about this, and how do i keep the cost down?

is there a good cheap kit available?

is there a nice manifold and turbo for it, and can i do anything myself(im handyish wth a spanner)

thanks, ash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've seen kits on eBay for various Nissans, not sure how good they are though. I run a external wastgate (with screamer pipe!) on my GT-R. It should be pretty straight forward to fit yourself.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
loads of cheap top mount kits on ebay with external wastegate pipes on but from what i have heard they are quite prone to cracking as they are quite thin. but some of the people who make them have stated that they are now being made differently and thicker so should crack so easy. but i guess you get what your pay for. just get a decent make wastegate and if the manifold does crack you can just get several new 1s for the price of 1 from say hks lol.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Look up on Google for the SS Autochrome, XS Power kits. They are cheap chinese made crap.

The design is a copy, using thinner cheaper material. Even the best headers/manifolds crack. These cheap ones last no time before they crack and leak.

The price is low, but repairing the crappy part, and then eventually replacing it with a good part, or just replacing it over and over is high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts