GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's I finally got around to plumbing the oil return pipe for my turbo into my engine over the weekend and despite a bit of cunning routing I am not happy how close the pipe runs to the manifold.

It is high temp, high pressure hose but still that manifold is going to get might warm! I wondered if putting a stainless over braid will be sufficient to protect it or better still some of the flexi all tube that gets' used on the breather pipe that's routed above the turbo's on the stock setup.. I could try and fab some kind of heat shielding but that might get mighty tricky.. ideas please.. what do people normally do.

Thank you
Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool.. Thank you. I was trying to find some of the silver sleeve stuff that is fitted on the OEM turbo pipes but I do not know what it's called?

Lee

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey there bud,

I have got my pipe work sorted but project is a little on hold while I work on my other motor! too much to do and too little time at the mo!

The manifold is a modified/reinforced XS Power one. Got it cheap so I thought I would give it a whirl!

Lee

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey there bud,

I have got my pipe work sorted but project is a little on hold while I work on my other motor! too much to do and too little time at the mo!

The manifold is a modified/reinforced XS Power one. Got it cheap so I thought I would give it a whirl!

Lee
cheers. what windmill do you have on there.
pop some more pics on if you will,
+ what size w gate have you got on. D :)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey man.. I will be doing a build thread soon with all the info and lots of pics!
It's a Holset windmill! and has 60mm gate.. It's all been put together bit by bit so I am kind of waiting to see what I get at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong.. I did my research but I came at it from a slightly alternative angle to most. I like to experiment a bit!

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
773 Posts
Lee, who assembled the turbo for you and where did you get the parts from? What Holset Turbo frame is it based on....what spec is it? I still havent got mine sorted due to an unplanned engine blow up....now its back in one piece I am going to revisit the single turbo route again......need manifold first though!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts