GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
3,666 Posts
Plain bearing need to run high oil pressure as the shafts are designed to run on an oil film, Roller like less volume as the oil is just to lubricate the balls in the bearing. High volume of oil can cause the balls to skate and be damaged.

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Abbey.

The reason I ask is since fitting the JUN oil pump, the pressure is beating the oil seals in the turbo. 8bar is the max pressure. I'm thinking this is too much.

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hole is only 1mm already, the problem is, I don't want to starve the poor thing of oil.

I was hoping someone might have found a solution to this problem already. There are enough people running high pressure pumps.

·
Premium Member
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think the seals are at fault. It was fine on my old engine with the std oil pump.

It's interesting that you say you ran with 9 bar ok. I would have thought my pressure wouldn't have exceeded the max designed pressue. Maybe thay were damaged when the turbo was re-balanced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.