GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 34 gtr. I have some new apexi turbos im fitting but the oil return pipe is to large that is on the car at the moment. I need one a little smaller with the bolt holes closer together.

The next problem is the front turbos return goes off at a slight angle. This is causing it to hit the turbo housing so no chance of bolting it on at all.

My main question is... are the 32/33 oil returns different to the 34's?

Can i use a 32 or 33 return?

If not where can i order a a return pipe from to fit?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Are you sure you have the front and rear return pipe on the correct one? they are different. The R32/33/34 should be exactly the same if you are running bolt on low mounts.
IIRC I had to slot my return pipe's holes to fit.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
HKS do them Tony or Scott at Abbey will know the part number and be able to supply them, or Turbo Dynamics can supply a correct size flange which you can get welded on to the return you have, if you go for the latter make sure the surface is 100% flat after welding or it will leak in a big way, once on the car they are not the the easyist thing to remove and refit

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes defo the correct way around. As i removed a turbo i swaped the bits over. I managed to get the rear one to fit by slotting the hole, but the front turbo has a different pipe that runs at an angle. (the rear however does have the nismo oil catch tank return plumed back into the sump through here)

If i turn the fitting upside down i could make it fit! But i would have no chance of fitting the rubber return hose back on as it would be kinked double.

It is a nismo/omori factory car tho, so maybe the fittings are non standard. Either way the return will not fit my apexi turbos.

Any ideas? I was hoping someone was going to say R34 GTR return is different and i need a 32 one or something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts