GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Probably to do with the fact that twins need 3 cyls each so wont spool the same as all cylinders pushing the turbine?

Tony

·
Registered
292 Posts
What i'm wondering is how come no one has gone balls out and twin turbo'd the GT-R using two HKS T04R/Z turbos lol. It ain't that much of a stretch from twin GT3240's and is a little bit of a step down from twin GT3540's. Anyone really know of someone who has that or even flirted with the idea?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
RBnemesis13B said:
What i'm wondering is how come no one has gone balls out and twin turbo'd the GT-R using two HKS T04R/Z turbos
Because it would spool at about 9 million rpm?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
RBnemesis13B said:
What i'm wondering is how come no one has gone balls out and twin turbo'd the GT-R using two HKS T04R/Z turbos lol.
Its actually already been done by a tuning company in Western Australia. Name of the tuner escapes me but there were some pics posted on the Net of the setup.

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
hipogtr said:
Its actually already been done by a tuning company in Western Australia. Name of the tuner escapes me but there were some pics posted on the Net of the setup.

Cya O!
X - speed
HKS 2.8 L
Twin T04Z
N1 block
Full boost at just under 7 K

the aabove info taken from High Performance Important GTR special number 5 (issue 59).
Its even got your car in it hipo :clap:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wonder what kind of power that setup can dish out properly. I've seen twin T78 BNR32's already so twin T04's won't be that bad. Using it as a street setup is the problem, but if it was a time attack or drag car then wow.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I was just gonna come & post the link.
885.8hp to the wheels @ 1.9bar w/ 110 ocatne. What if they used the 114 @ the same level? I just like that they're different. Havent seen any times though.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
RBnemesis13B said:
I was just gonna come & post the link.
885.8hp to the wheels @ 1.9bar w/ 110 ocatne. What if they used the 114 @ the same level? I just like that they're different. Havent seen any times though.
Is that for the twin T04Z ?
If so that sounds pretty poor, since mine makes 650 atw @1.7 on 100RON with only one T04Z.....and Tim's Nur is even better IIRC.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Bean said:
If so that sounds pretty poor, since mine makes 650 atw @1.7 on 100RON with only one T04Z.....and Tim's Nur is even better IIRC.
I suppose it has a lot to do with the tuning.
It SHOULD produce more than that.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I expect those twin T04Z turbos could carry on supplying boost at that level for a few more thousand rpm. If the engine could rev higher while still flowing well then I would expect power to be much greater.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Piggaz said:
X - speed
HKS 2.8 L
Twin T04Z
N1 block
Full boost at just under 7 K

the aabove info taken from High Performance Important GTR special number 5 (issue 59).
Its even got your car in it hipo :clap:
That's the one, Piggaz. Thanks - good source. :)

Bean said:
Since there is very little experience with the setup I think they have a bit more work to do on the tuning and head flow. If twin 2835Rs can put down 740atw @ 1.62 bar on 100RON pump gas, the twin T04Zs @ 2 bar should be around 1000atw with drag gas (other things considered).

Cya O!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts