GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all members, I'm new here on this site as i have just bought a 95 R33 GTR, i've owned it three weeks now and have already discovered i need new turbos, please can anyone advise on what options i have and possibly a name of somewhere or someone i can speak to about rebuilding them with steel blades and new trust bearings..
Any help will be much appreciated
Thanks
Rhos

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, will try them, from what it seems, its not gonna be cheap.
Phoned a few places but it seems as though its gonna be around the grand mark just for the rebuild.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
It's not that much more for a new set of GT-SS or the non-HKS garret equivalent (sorry, not sure what part number). Depends if you're modifying, or remaining standard.

Please note that it is possible to be sectioned for leaving a gtr standard... :chuckle:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
get rid of those ceramics if you like sleeping at night, they have a nasty way of exploding into shards. There are a lot of choices, but if you want to remain within say, 450~500bhp (which allows you to keep a LOT of the car stock), N1 or GT-SS turbos will get you there.

And while 450bhp is a "mild" GT-R tune, it's damned fast. Damned fast.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
get rid of those ceramics if you like sleeping at night, they have a nasty way of exploding into shards. There are a lot of choices, but if you want to remain within say, 450~500bhp (which allows you to keep a LOT of the car stock), N1 or GT-SS turbos will get you there.

And while 450bhp is a "mild" GT-R tune, it's damned fast. Damned fast.
yeh listen to this man. :smokin: If you do want to rebuild just get them steel internals with bb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts