GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having the car stood up for about 10 days the battery was flat, not completely but near enough. The battery is fairly new and is often left for a similar length of time without issue. Once I'd put some charge on the battery and got her running I noticed that the turbo timer was acting strange. Normally the auto setting will adjust the running time anything from a few secs to about 4mins or so as you drive, but now it jumps to over 9 mins once the car is started and then reduces down as I drive. The battery has run down before without any issues on the timer.

The turbo timer is an Ultra, Full Auto Timer No. 4753, does anyone have any instructions, know how to configure it.

Do you think the turbo timer playing up and the flat battery is a coincidence or linked?

Cheers

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mine just sits at whatever I choose it to sit at until I turn it off...
I haven't heard of autocorrecting - what does it measure, oil pressure? oil temperature? If so i wouldnt trust most standard gauges at the best of times!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The auto setting measures the revs I think and I think that is pretty straightforward to do. So if the car is reved high the turbo timer will increase the timer. If the car has been driven very steady the timer will decrease. It used to work well, now it doesn't.

Any 1 have any ideas.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Left my lights on, ran the battery flat, jumped it and now the turbo timer is back to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts