GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a Turbo Timer for the car but not sure which one to go for .Being a gadget freak the top Blitz TT looks intresting with 0-60 times etc.

However I'm concerned how it will intergrate with the alarm.

Will the alarm autoarm and immobilise after the TT switches the engine off?:confused:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Save Your Money

Just let it tick over :confused: .

Sod spending money on things you don't need to.

Cor I don't know :rolleyes: .

glen

·
Registered
710 Posts
Agreed, I've had my HKS one removed when the alarm was fitted - so if anyone wants it, they can have it for 20 notes.

Talat.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed

Yup I guess you are right Glen,but I hate sitting in the car for an extra 30secs/minute with people staring at me or the car(not sure which).

I know what I'm going to spend the money I'll be saving from not buying a Turbo Timer!;)

What do you guys reckon on PIMP TINTS?:D

·
Registered
832 Posts
How long you let it tick over for depends on how much you've been caning it. After a long blat around, my Blitz MSTT ticks over for about 5 mins sometimes. Around town driving is pretty much nothing, although I have mine set up for a minimum of 20secs.

As far as the alarm is concerned, usually you can lock the doors but not arm the alarm until the countdown has finished on the TT. Some systems, like the Clifford ones, integrate with the TT and will arm when the TT's finished.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Or you can just keep your RPMs below 4,000 for the last 2 minutes of your drive unless you where really goin at it.
It's most likely not needed for most turbo daily drivers, but you guys bought skylines, so you aren't like most daily drivers

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have a Blitz turbo timer (not the 0-60 one), and think they are an excellent piece of kit. I used to always leave my Subaru running for a minute / 30 seconds or so after hard driving, but certainly no longer than that. Now I have the Blitz TT on my GTR, it sometimes takes upwards of 3 minutes before the engine turns off, and I realise that I was probably sometimes turning my Impreza off before the turbo was fully cooled.

I dont use the turbo timer because I cant be bothered to sit in the car while it cools, as I stay in the car anyway even with the timer. I use it because I am always unsure as to how long to leave the car running after a blast, and for this purpose I think they are excellent.

Edited to say:
Paul, if you don't get a turbo timer then I think you should spend your money on an under car neon kit for full-on pimpness. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts