GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Keep a long short - my Vacuum Turbo Gadge Needle on the dash ( not sure if standard , but it`s mount is profiled the same as the dash and looks standard ) has started to bounce , the needle that is , hardly visible but obvious , heard a ticking noise and traced it to the needle , dose it a constant speed and idle , but comes and goes , is this a future problem , do i need to start saving cash?? :runaway:

·
Registered
17 Posts
not, if its tee'd into the fuel pressure reg vacuum hose it will vibrate at low rpm as its only sensing the vacuum on one cylinder so its not a steady pressure. Even under boost at low rpm.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You can buy pulsation dampers to go in the hose to the gauge. Some gauges can be ordered with a damper in the port of the gauge itself. It's just a tiny orifice that slows air flow and reversal. You can make one out of some plastic rod that the has a hole in it from a red hot sewing needle. The rod is put in series with the gauge hose.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help , sorry i took so long to thank you but been away , thanks again , Ted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts