GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all wondered if you guys could help as well as other mods im looking to upgrade the turbo on my r33 gtst could anyone tell me wot upgrade there is to directly fit onto the standard manifold with internal waistgate ect without going to mad thanks dave

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Dave,

Speak to Rod Bell at RB Motorsport.

Sounds as though a hybrid may be what your after.

Don't forget, if your changing the turbo, you will need to change a host of other items to get the best out of it mate.

I mean, what's the point of doing a major mod and then not getting the best bang for your money? It's not just a case of bolting a turbo on the side and hoping it's going give you a rocket ship. I'd question whether it's worth doing if your not going to do the job properly. Otherwise your wasting your hard earned cash.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbo

thanks mate the items i have are greddy emanage ultimate not yet fitted,trust downpipe,full decat 3" exhaust walbro 255l pump ,apexi avc-r,and just installed fmic also i have the pressure sensor for the emanage of wich i was told i can do away with the afm wot sort of power and torque am i to expect with these type of mods once the emanage is mapped thanks dave

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You NEED to drop the compression ration, the GTS-t engine runsa very high CR, it will need at least a thicker head gasket before you can run much boost. Do yourself a big favour, flog the emanage and buy a Power FC, they are as different as chalk and cheese. The Power FC is well known and understood and infinitely better than an Emanage for what you are planning.

·
Registered
99 Posts
talking about dropping the CR, i spoke to loads of tuners i.e abbey,PTS,ATF etc and they all said up to 1.2bar leave the CR alone and they also all said even when they go for big power they stick with the same thickness head gasket i.e 1.2mm but make sure it's a decent steel one?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
bruce-m said:
talking about dropping the CR, i spoke to loads of tuners i.e abbey,PTS,ATF etc and they all said up to 1.2bar leave the CR alone and they also all said even when they go for big power they stick with the same thickness head gasket i.e 1.2mm but make sure it's a decent steel one?
The stock gasket is .9mm as far as I remeber. I can't measure it, it's at my head mans, as a template for the combustion chamber fire land area.

·
Registered
99 Posts
MMMmmm, see this is my prob i just dont know who to believe or what to do?
i've got a FMIC,exhaust,induction kit,greddy profec b,TD hybrid turbo,uprated fuel pump,GTR clutch, and about to have my power fc-555cc injectors+Z32 AFM fitted but not sure what boost to run?
everyone says in australia and new zealand they all run high comp, all the tuners say as long as its mapped well it shouldn't det and be fine?
was gonna run 16psi?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
16 psi will be fine on the stock CR. I run 1.5 bar on mine, but that has the CR lowered by 1.75 points, and that's on decent fuel, too. 16 psi isn't much boost!

I would still like to run a lower CR if I were you, but everyone has an opinion on this. A lot depends if you worry about economy, and off boost performance, or if it's more of a track day tool. My car also has cams in it, which makes a difference, and a medium size RX-6 Apexi turbo with remote `gate, so it's quite a lot more modded.

·
Registered
99 Posts
cheers bud,
think i'll stick with keeping the stock CR and just not going above the 1.2bar!
do wanna use it on track and its my work car so wanna keep economy as high as poss + keep off boost performance as high as poss!!
cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi all again its the emanage ultimate and not just the emanage wot is so wrong with the greddy i didnt really wanna sell it to lose money,ok on hinesight should have brought power fc but was told by svs imports its a fantastic bit of kit i just need someone to guide me through the wiring ive installed it once but it never started so can any of you clever guys sort a wiring diagram for the installation many many thanks dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts