GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to either remove or loop the water lines for my single turbo setup that run round the back of the engine.

I know they come from the back of the intake plenum and are a bastard to get to...

As a temporary measure i have looped the line from one of the metal pipes to the front while doing my single setup but this is literally so i can turn the car on.

Are the two red pipes at the far left of this pic the water lines that run to the metal lines that i need to block off?

Otherwise, does anyone know the thread size for the two metal lines so i can get a braided hose for the larger one and run it to the front (also what size will i need to plug into the front of the plenum) and a bolt to block the smaller one.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Yes and no only one of the red pipes is the water ( larger dia 8mm ) the other is the vacuum to the actuators

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You can see the water pipe at the bottom of the three that run along the back.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I managed to remove all the pipes at the back finally this weekend!

I had to remove the plenum to do it as there was no chance in hell they were coming off from under the car. Its lucky I did to as the plenum gaskets were knackered on #1 and #6 and looked like they were leaking pretty bad as they had snapped although the gasket as a whole looked in good nick.

I am going to replace them with metal gaskets now.

Just need to find a couple of suitable bungs to block the two water lines at the back, any ideas?

Nath - The two other pipes are actually vacuum pipes, one is the thin one and the other is connected to the two pipe part that has a water line on it, I thought they were both water but they are not! Thats why i was so confused.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts