GTR Forum banner

Turbofit Rumor

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  m6beg 
#1 ·
Just for the record, despite the crop of rumors that I have heard from a number of sources (ie. Friends that went to TRAX) I am not, do not, will never, and have never even considered working for Turbofit.

The turbofit cars have their mapping work done by Thor Racing - which can be seen on the link below listed under "customer cars".

http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/TurboFit_Supra-286.asp

If anyone else has spoken to any little birds recently regarding this matter, and would care to release the source of their information then I would gladly hear it - either in this main thread or by PM.

#9 ·
I think its all because they also have a mapper called DAN.......

Most likely mistaken by customers who have heard of DAN (danoh) on here but do not actually know you hence assuming the DAN they use is the Dan on here.

I guess there is no reason at all for them to boast and claim that you work for them and in actual fact, you don;t......

:rolleyes:

#10 ·
Its too much of a co-incidence in my opinion, especially as they claim "he" does Fcon V Pros, which are somewhat of an Abbey/Me speciality. Anyway, I am merely setting the record straight. Just to eliminate confusion.

#11 ·
According to the last issue of JTuner - where they did a write-up on "TurboFit", they have their mapping done at Thor (as their drag car was their to be mapped at the time of the feature being written).

#12 ·
Yep, hence why I put the link at the top to clarify, but a number of forums have "buzzed" a little at the suggestion or perhaps assumption that I was doing mapping work for them.

It is likely a storm in a teacup, principle however makes it more critical - had I not had understanding employers then it could potentially have caused issues for my job stability as they actually heard about the "rumor" before I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.