GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys as some of you now i have picked up myself a R33 GTR V Spec, will put up a proper thread of the car tomorrow when i can get some pics up.

But my standard turbos are boosting up to 1 BAR, no boost controller fitted.

List of mods (as far as i know):

Twin Blitz SUS Air filters
Z32 AFM's
Twin HKS SSQV's
SS Exhaust (cat back)

Thats it as far as i know. Why is it boosting so high? aftermarket ecu i don't know about maybe? or is this normal?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
1 bar boost

Hi m8,

Must be running a different ECU if it has Z32 AFMs a standard ECU wont run with these I don't believe.

Take the kick panel off in the passenger footwell and have a look to see what is actually there. Or better still take it to a recognised tuner to have it checked out.

Kev

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
They would have been adjusted through actuator tension, but if you have Z32 AFM's chances are your not running a std ecu...may be a jap tuners own mapped ecu for Z32 afm's...

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, ill have a look...so say it is mapped/aftermarket ecu, im guessing 1 bar is too much for standard turbos right?

·
Registered
930 Posts
you can run a max of 1 bar on standard ceramics. Obviously variables such as the mileage of the car and the way it has been driven come into the foray.

I run mine on 0.9 must of the time and 1 bar when im in a hurry :D
Make sure your fuelling is ok though. You dont wanna be running lean

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok took the panel off and to my suprise there lies a MINES ecu!!:smokin: Pics are all blurry off of my camera phone, but part number is 7486

Anyone know what type of Mines ecu from the part number?

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
example:

A guy in Japan has an R33 GTR, stock ecu. He wants more power so he goes to Mines and buys their ecu and has it mapped to his car spec. He is classed as the origional owner. He has "support and warranty from Mines"

Now few months down the line he sells his car along with the Mines ecu to fred bloggs. He would like assiatance or would like to know what kind of map it has.... Mines will say you are not the origional owner, very sorry we cannot assist you.

Mines stage 1 ecus do have very good maps as standard, good drivability, and power compared to some other stage 1 ecus. My own R32 had an unknown stage 1 ecu and while it made good power with it the drivability was not very good for road/street driving, may have been setup for circuit or drag? I dunno, but since fitting the Mines it just felt like a different animal.

So I hope this has made it clear and you now follow:)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yunis A said:
example:

A guy in Japan has an R33 GTR, stock ecu. He wants more power so he goes to Mines and buys their ecu and has it mapped to his car spec. He is classed as the origional owner. He has "support and warranty from Mines"

Now few months down the line he sells his car along with the Mines ecu to fred bloggs. He would like assiatance or would like to know what kind of map it has.... Mines will say you are not the origional owner, very sorry we cannot assist you.

Mines stage 1 ecus do have very good maps as standard, good drivability, and power compared to some other stage 1 ecus. My own R32 had an unknown stage 1 ecu and while it made good power with it the drivability was not very good for road/street driving, may have been setup for circuit or drag? I dunno, but since fitting the Mines it just felt like a different animal.

So I hope this has made it clear and you now follow:)
yeah kind of. i know what your saying, but having a mines ecu i benefit from good map,power,driveability for my stage 1 mods right?? also is it easier for tuners to map a mines ecu?

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
afaik Mines ecu cannot be remapped, as its a std ecu with their map burnt on to an eprom. Anyone can however create a custom map and replace the eprom.. then it would be a mines ecu any longer...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts