GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My turbos the dead! I want to buy a complete kit like the originals but are more reliable. I do not want bigger turbos because now I can not fanciest much money for all involved modifications injectors, ecu, etc ....

Seeking help and hear all kinds of advice and that was a breakdown by surprise and I still have to solve another problem that still do not know what it is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks david, the question I have is whether this model T517Z greddy turbos as they could carry current without changing anything!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
thanks david, the question I have is whether this model T517Z greddy turbos as they could carry current without changing anything!
They will bolt in but they're bigger and you said earlier you don't want to do the supporting mods for bigger turbo's.
-7's or -9's. You'll still need to chuck it on a dyno to get it checked but they're the smallest aftermarket option you have out there.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Indeed they are, but i'd also make a quick sum of what it would cost you to do the 2860-5 upgrade at this time, they aren't that expensive anymore, and if you don't want big power, you also don't need all the heavy mods that would suit the turbo best for 450 / 500hp

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Indeed they are, but i'd also make a quick sum of what it would cost you to do the 2860-5 upgrade at this time, they aren't that expensive anymore, and if you don't want big power, you also don't need all the heavy mods that would suit the turbo best for 450 / 500hp
-5's on a standard 2.6, yuck. The smaller turbo's are a much better option and will do an easy 400/430 HP At the wheels.
Area under the curve/throttle reponse will be a lot better with the smaller turbo's and still hit the Original Poster's goals.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you put other turbos then the original ones in it, you will need a remap of the ecu or the engine will get serious damage.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
If you dont want to spend much money on other upgrades 34turbos are probably the best bet ( imho) and will give some improvement in performance
Personally I would be just as worried about the other undiagnosed problem you say you have.
It is unwise to do any work on an RB motor which has a problem without at least finding out what it is especially if you are on a budget.

As for thoseturbos i woul not consider any turbos without some idea of what power they are rated to.
There are no specs in that ad. Surely you need to know what you are fitting or you wont know if they are suitable for your needs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the comments, in the end I rebuild turbos and you hybridize with improved parts for 600 hp in the future because now with 400 wheel'm happy

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've got some r32 turbos for sale mate. When I was sold the car I was told the turbos have steel internals, don't know if it is true or not I'll put some pics up and hopefully someone can enlighten me because I don't have a clue lol. When they were on the car they boosted fine and had no problems with them. There is minimal shaft play on one and the other is fine I'm looking for £250

1 - 17 of 17 Posts