GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Went to fit my turbosmart BOVs and they wont actuate, removed the springs to check the pistons, all free and clear, tried multiple hardness settings on the adjuster and have correct levels of boost/vac etc, so next question is do they come with softer springs?

Has anyone else fitted these?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've put the old existing single one back on for now, I've had turbosmart products on previous cars and found them to be good so no reason to get rid of these unless anyone can give a good reason?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I've put the old existing single one back on for now, I've had turbosmart products on previous cars and found them to be good so no reason to get rid of these unless anyone can give a good reason?
Well, really there is no reason to do away with the OEM GTR unit. They work and work well, why people change them i'll never know.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair enough, Although my car had a large single valve that was tatty, so in my route for cleaning up every part of the car I sought out aftermarket items that were familiar to me. (I know a lot of people start changing the actuators and valves on cars when they start running higher boost).

Out of curiosity do many keep the standard units and how well do they work for above standard pressures?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts