GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you will know the GTROC has an annual trip to Japan. The ten of us on this year's trip will be coming home soon but before that we wanted to share something with you all.

I know Rob wasn't a religious man so I hope he will forgive the eight of us that went to the Meiji shrine in Harajuku and paid our respects by place a plaque where people post their wishes and hope they will be blessed. From everyone in Japan we hope you agree with this very small tribute.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
you dont have to be religious to appreciate something like this

It is the thought that counts and for me that was a top thought.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Cheers for that mate, a very nice thing to do! may his soul be in eternal peace.
by the way Rob was a religious man, he worshiped Skylines.
I get so sad the minute I get in my GTR, knowing that only a couple of weeks before his departure, we went for a drive, and me in the passenger seat next to him. he was driving my gtr, and giving me such valuable lessons. The nicest nicest nicest guy ever! R.I.P

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I know Rob loved his trip to Japan a few years ago, he would often tell me stories of drifting in Miguels AE86 whilst Garage Sauras had customers cars doing a track day at Fuji. We had talked many times of going again, good stuff John :thumbsup:

Smokey :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
That is great :thumbsup:

A really nice thought :)

Rob

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Nice one... :D

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
I know Rob loved his trip to Japan a few years ago, he would often tell me stories of drifting in Miguels AE86 whilst Garage Sauras had customers cars doing a track day at Fuji. We had talked many times of going again, good stuff John :thumbsup:

Smokey :D
I remember part of the time whilst we were at that drift event, he was on the unused Gymkhana course abusing his rental car. :clap:
Watching his, Gez & Harry's eyes pop out watching Japanese belly dancers was funny too. TweenieRob definitely loved being in Japan.

He'll be appreciating the gesture John. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts