GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apologies if this has been covered b4.....
but, what do ya think?
is it:-
a) possible?
b) expensive?
has anyone converted their skyline to a 4 pipe conversion? - pics?
my mate has a 300zx and i rekon my 33 would look pretty good with a similar set up - would match the twin lights nicely.
just wondering?

·
Registered
432 Posts
It is possible (how many civics, corsa's etc have u seen with twin pipe's?) I don't know if it would be expensive or not, You would probably have to get a 1-2 section of pipe made up for the exhaust, so prob expensive actually... I'm not 100% sure, but someone else will be...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
agree about the corsa/civic thing (although i have ever only seen 2 of each) but everyone (even my mum knows) they are a joke, besides too many other marques have the same angular single pipe set-up, sccoby evo etc.....

sometimes it can look too "boy racer" if you have a big, single "can" but if done sensibly it might look ok. the bmw m series looks cool with quad pipes, understated.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I have seen one R33 GTR with twin pipes. Each veniting on a different side at the back (if you see what I mean :eek: ) And there is an R32 (I think) in Ireland that has twin Super Drager exhausts, running side-by-side and venting on the nearside at the rear

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
You mean like this one?

·
Registered
432 Posts
ATCO said:
You mean like this one?
The one fuggles was talking about sounded like the 2 pipes were next to each other.. rather than parallel like they are on this car... I may be wrong however..

·
Registered
391 Posts
It must cross over something causing ground clearance issues,

I have problems with speed humps now although prehaps I should just slow down?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Andyswad said:
It must cross over something causing ground clearance issues,

I have problems with speed humps now although prehaps I should just slow down?
If you have enough money you could always fit TEIN EDFC suspension...

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
from the manifold(if you have a GTR still with the twins under the bonnet) you can make two custom manifolds maybe and each have a 3-1 system? from there tehy will lead there own way maybe? i would have them ending on the same side though...love it since ive seen an R34 with two 5zigen cannonball 'back boxes'(man i hate that word lol)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
The trick is to keep it simple. One downpipe from each turbo. Each downpipe runs straight through to a large rear box, say Kakimoto. The downpipe/straight section should be the diameter of your turbo exhaust housing outlet. Each rear box should be say 6 inch with at least 4inch outlet.

No cat, no back pressure and a sound only a GTR can make. Lovely!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
HKS did a limited edition twin Super Drager exhaust but it was never that popular, so they decided not to pursue it for the R33 etc. The last few remaining ones were given to HKS UK and, as I understand it, they still have them stored away somewhere (but can't seem to find them)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Fuggles said:
Yep saw something like that last year. But the one from Ireland had them parallel all the way back
Thats Robbie from TDP, his R32 has a screamer pipe that caused issues with noise regulations, rather than restrict its flow with a small exhaust he simply ran another full size exhaust system to the back of the car for it! :D

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Not hard, very easy actually, just run twin 3in systems from each turbo rather than the downpipes joining at the CAT like most.

IIRC even the HKS twin systems (and there are/were many more made in japan) went twin downpipes (obviously) then single where the CAT is/was, then back to twin, which IMO is pretty pointless.

I have seen a few presumably custom systems that are twin from turbos back, infact my friend has one, no markings, but 3in turbos back 2 pipes next to each other, ideal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Couldnt you just run one pipe from the normal manifold, which splits into a Y shape? like we had on the r33..

·
Registered
854 Posts
kakimoto do a full twin system from elbows back dont they??

n1+ or something.

anyone got a vid of the sound, ive always wondered what its like!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts