21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
200+ bhp difference?

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
That graph and the test was (IMO) to show the versatility of these turbos. Not actually the difference between the stock turbofold version and the LM manifold version. it shows that these turbos can be fitter to a stock engine with capped torque and still run very well. But with further engine and gearbox upgrades can be 'turned up' to deliver even more fun.

I'm interested to see what the native G30s run. I currently have the LM1200 kit with EFR 7663 which is great and shortly fitting a better intercooler which should help with inlet temps, tuning and ultimately happy power production.

From what I've seen so far, the G25s run very well and can produce around 1000bhp when provoked. A nice turbo set up well worth considering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Nice! Thanks guys, I’m sure that many people are interested about these turbos. Also G30’s.

Looking for more shared results!

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
Whats price difference G25/G30? and spool?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here's your answer :geek:

Torque had to be limited to make sure the rods don't implode (remember this engine was built for circa 750lb ft originally). Very very happy with the spool, early torque and flat torque curve...

The difference between these and the GT3584's is simply staggering. We have another issue this time with tyre size which needs fixing, but the remit was to get the car 100% right, which is exactly what's happening.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts

Torque had to be limited to make sure the rods don't implode (remember this engine was built for circa 750lb ft originally). Very very happy with the spool, early torque and flat torque curve...

The difference between these and the GT3584's is simply staggering. We have another issue this time with tyre size which needs fixing, but the remit was to get the car 100% right, which is exactly what's happening.

View attachment 258180
What was the boost pressure for each setup ?

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts

View attachment 258180
987bhp, thats such a tease!!!! 1000 we want! haha

so you've got 3.8 forged engine and dodson gearset.. so why's it being limited?? What aftermarket rods are limited to 750lbft?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll quote the words of the tuner .... "We tried it at 2 bar, 2.1 bar and 2.4 bar but increasing the boost didn't make any difference, not even marginal." I gather Iain spent a lot of last night and some of the early hours on the dyno with my car and was as impressed as I am with the spool and torque.

"The most the motor wanted to do due to other restricting things like standard cams, manifold etc. was reached at 2/2.1 bar, so the maximum these turbos would blow on this setup". This isn't to mean this is the limit of the turbos, far from it. It simply says this is achievable on fairly run of the mill displacement, forged pistons, rods, and roudn town driveability.

No doubt with flow matched this and that, inlet manifold, various other tweaks and race fuel these turbos could go towards their 1200hp (crank) maximum, but under less than ideal supporting parts and at 2 bar (the run pressure) it's a pretty impressive set of results.

I'd say this heralds the way for a (torque capped at mid 700's) "rod job and piston" upgrade and therefore 1000hp from little more than a pair of turbos and pistons, rods and injectors, fuel pumps.

So, I ask you this question: If you could pick up a £30k GTR and spend £15k on basic gearbox strengthening, rods, pistons, injectors and ECUtek, see 1000hp essentially and use it daily without it breaking (which remains to be seen but I'm hopeful) for £45k you've basically got a car that will slay a 911 turbo, most supercars and still be civilised on taxed tarmac - Seems pretty good value to me.

I'll let you know how it drives when on the road but, given that I've had them do Quaife front LSD, quite a few other breathing and exhaust changes plus 4 wheel alignment and suspension setup, I'd hope it'll be epic.

Sorry to nick the thread with my reply and I started a thread about the same thing only a few weeks ago but I thought it'd be pertinent to keep this one and reply to it because of the OP being the first one to ask about these turbos, before me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It wasn't 987, it was 989.7 and that was corrected.... I believe the flywheel power is the 1015hp figure, although I'd have to clarify that with Iain. Anyway I'm not chasing numbers here, the proof is in the pudding and I'll let you know once I've had a drive my self!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll l
987bhp, thats such a tease!!!! 1000 we want! haha

so you've got 3.8 forged engine and dodson gearset.. so why's it being limited?? What aftermarket rods are limited to 750lbft?
I'll leave Iain to reply to that but the basic 3.8L forged engine isn't his idea of "safe and reliable" with a good safety margin much above 800 ft/lb and I know he aires on the side of caution and reliability, which is good by me. I'm sure it could be pushed further but as a daily driver and a low rev throttle "planter" that I am, he's done what I've led him to do, based on my driving style and the fact I don't want to take the chance of being stranded on the way to an emergency call out somewhere in europe with a rod sticking out through my block or a piston embedded in the armco.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nice!

Thanks for sharing this + all the other meaningful info you gave.

You talked about racegas, so was this dynoed with pump gas?

·
Registered
104 Posts
This was on pump gas, not even fresh, it was filled up a couple of weeks ago on normal 98 octane, so these results are exceptional and a credit to the tuner's "safe and reliable" attitude. If you can have 1000hp and this type fo torque curve on pump fuel, these turbos get my vote. If it spools anywhere like my RS6 and makes more power, it'll drive epicly, especially with the lower kerb weight.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Your result was on the Nissan manifolds?
Did Iain say how his setup with LM manifold and full frame turbos would compare?

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
I'll quote the words of the tuner .... "We tried it at 2 bar, 2.1 bar and 2.4 bar but increasing the boost didn't make any difference, not even marginal." I gather Iain spent a lot of last night and some of the early hours on the dyno with my car and was as impressed as I am with the spool and torque.

"The most the motor wanted to do due to other restricting things like standard cams, manifold etc. was reached at 2/2.1 bar, so the maximum these turbos would blow on this setup". This isn't to mean this is the limit of the turbos, far from it. It simply says this is achievable on fairly run of the mill displacement, forged pistons, rods, and roudn town driveability.

No doubt with flow matched this and that, inlet manifold, various other tweaks and race fuel these turbos could go towards their 1200hp (crank) maximum, but under less than ideal supporting parts and at 2 bar (the run pressure) it's a pretty impressive set of results.

I'd say this heralds the way for a (torque capped at mid 700's) "rod job and piston" upgrade and therefore 1000hp from little more than a pair of turbos and pistons, rods and injectors, fuel pumps.

So, I ask you this question: If you could pick up a £30k GTR and spend £15k on basic gearbox strengthening, rods, pistons, injectors and ECUtek, see 1000hp essentially and use it daily without it breaking (which remains to be seen but I'm hopeful) for £45k you've basically got a car that will slay a 911 turbo, most supercars and still be civilised on taxed tarmac - Seems pretty good value to me.

I'll let you know how it drives when on the road but, given that I've had them do Quaife front LSD, quite a few other breathing and exhaust changes plus 4 wheel alignment and suspension setup, I'd hope it'll be epic.

Sorry to nick the thread with my reply and I started a thread about the same thing only a few weeks ago but I thought it'd be pertinent to keep this one and reply to it because of the OP being the first one to ask about these turbos, before me.
cool thanks for the info, it makes sense now! You'll have to tell us how it drives, and what the power/spool is like on the road!! :D congrats!

How do the G25's spool compared to stock turbos and EFR's?

So am thinking mine with carrillo rods/cp pistons and HKS Cams would just push the 1000 fly maybe with G25's (gearbox linney HD gearset + dodson gearbox extras)

·
Registered
3,387 Posts

Were the gt3584s run at 2 bar boost on that dyno plot as well ?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
certainly is IF legit! Omega 12 kit AMS

" Way more impressive than the peak power numbers though, is the fact that starting a run at 2000RPM in 4th gear, the car will hit 500ft-lbs torque at the wheels by 2750RPM, and 800ft-lbs before 3500! I have never seen a turbo kit spool this fast, and that includes the extremely high tech Borg Warner EFR 6758s I was running before; the previous fastest spooling turbos on the market; the Omega 12s blow them completely out of the water, outspooling them by 500-600RPM! Compared to any other turbo I have tuned that has similar power potential, you are looking at peak torque coming, on average, 1000+ RPM later!"

Looking at this plot for a start the torque and hps cross over at totally different points and neither are at 5252 rpm which they should be if it's scaled correctly

And the 800 lbft before 3000 rpm and onto over 1100 hp all seem to good to be true, but if it's on an engine dyno or even on a dynapack on a very slow run then potentially the load could be way above what can actually be achieved in a car on the road and bring boost in alot earlier because of it

·
Premium Member
5,709 Posts
On the 2 graphs I saw above, power and torque do cross at 5252. Bit confusing as there are two plots on each graph. But to my eyes the torque and bhp curves that relate to each other are crossing in the right place.

Maha dyno is certainly a long pull. Comparatively to other dyno plots from the same dyno the spool looks good considering the power available.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts