GTR Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
On the 2 graphs I saw above, power and torque do cross at 5252. Bit confusing as there are two plots on each graph. But to my eyes the torque and bhp curves that relate to each other are crossing in the right place.

Maha dyno is certainly a long pull. Comparatively to other dyno plots from the same dyno the spool looks good considering the power available.
They do not cross at 5252 not sure what your looking at mate but it's not the plot I quoted

I don't know what dyno there using for the alpha 12 run but the curve looks almost physically impossible to be true road load imo

I've seen it before on engine dyno plots, huge amounts of load making boost come in 1000 rpm sooner than it can in real life out on the street !

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Gtr mart

Here is a direct comparison of an engine on an engine dyno then onto a dyno dynamics rolling road, same tune and fuel

Engine dyno

Then onto dyno dynamics rolling road

Approx 1500 rpm later spool from engine dyno to rolling road !

·
Registered
3,434 Posts

That's the plot I quoted mate, I never whole heartedly believe as much since I saw the plots of the yb engine, they are true comparable plots for my Sierra with previous owner and show just how much extra load can hugely move boost threshold to the left

·
Registered
91 Posts
And did you notive that this plot is against TIME, not rpm, that’s why the crossing points don’t match.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like money well spent not to mention I have a lot of faith and trust in Iain and his team. Have you given any thought to the suspension with the likes of the dsc sport controller unit, something I’m interested in but have yet to purchase.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sounds like money well spent not to mention I have a lot of faith and trust in Iain and his team. Have you given any thought to the suspension with the likes of the dsc sport controller unit, something I’m interested in but have yet to purchase.
Was this a question for me?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just drove the car in map 3 and map 4 and all I can say is wow. Throttle response and spool is instant, pulls hard to the redline and can even feel the grip on the front end from the quaife diff. Really worlds apart from the GT3584's. Had what felt like a boost cut under WoT but nothing on the Ecutek apart from suspension error codes as I have KWv3's. Wondering what that could be as there's no trouble codes.

Also have a pretty loud whistle on lift off or partial throttle which doesn't happen under WoT, not sure about that but will ring up tomorrow and ask.

Couldn't be more happy witht he turbos, car picks itself up and goes, awesome point and shoot experience now. I can't see myself needing any more power for the time being, but when I've changed the tyres and the weather turns, who knows (y)

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Time on the bottom axis makes sense although not a common measure I've seen.. Glad you're happy with it. Deffo get some logs on a few pulls and send across to litcho and they will refine the tune. Should make it even better.

I think I have a bit of a whistle on part throttle, could be the quaife diff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
These turbos whistle, nothing strange about it. Addictive sound! I have them as well with a 4.1L stroker engine, some head work, 12 injectors, AMS manifold, big TBs, 2x3.5”->4” exhaust etc. full effort build aiming for fbo (or better) spool with 1200hp (E85) on tap. Only street tuned at 1.8bar for now, but I’m living in Finland and on snow tires (compulsory from December to March), weather is cold, so no grip for further tuning until spring. Even on dry roads spins all four on 4th gear pull

Can barely wait for spring to get street tuning properly done and getting timing / max power tuning done on dyno!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok, shouldn’t be Quaife though, mine doesn’t make any sound. Unless you have aftermarket ring and pinion, that could possibly explain it.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts