GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a gtr r32 and was wondering if anyone could tell me whats best twin turbos or single turbo,and why as i am goinng for 600bhp and the twin 500bhp turbos have to be changed. thanks.

·
Registered
832 Posts
It's been debated to death. Do a little searching and decide for yourself. Personally, if you can afford the switch to a single, I say do it. I run a GT4088R single turbo setup and love the simplicity. I can pull out the turbo, intake, downpipe and manifold in less than an hour. Not sure why you would need to though !!!
Upgraded twins would be somewhat less money mind you.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's been debated to death. Do a little searching and decide for yourself. Personally, if you can afford the switch to a single, I say do it. I run a GT4088R single turbo setup and love the simplicity. I can pull out the turbo, intake, downpipe and manifold in less than an hour. Not sure why you would need to though !!!
Upgraded twins would be somewhat less money mind you.....
Sorry OT here
Roadie ,have you had the new set up on the dyno as of yet?id be interested to see the results :cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would go with either the GT4088R if going single....or the 707160-5 GT2860R's if going twins.

Either combo can give you over 600whp, which appears to be your goal.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
In-Line 6s are for the most part a toss of the coin whether you go single or twins, depends on what you use the car for and how you like it to drive - LOADS of threads on here about it just do a search.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sorry for the hijack...but no, I have not been to the dyno yet. I did sort out the manifold leak and welded in a flange for a BOV. I tried about a dozen different spring options for the dump valve before I had it nailed. The turbo seems to carry more momentum between shifts but I miss the chatter of a BOVless system. I made one run to confirm I can hit 2.0 bar at 4000rpm in 5th :) but the roads got a little snowy over the past few days and those damn salting trucks have ensured my car wont be out for at least another week...:mad:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
GTRS Tubbies, TO4Z

I love twins went up so big with em my car didnt spool nothing under 5k finally made a stop for the T51kai HKS made me a deal I could not refuse either buy from em or they would of broken my legs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts