GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a very small [official] mod fitted to my twin plate this weekend. What a difference it made:) As things were I was getting used to the clutch but the mod makes the clutch fell like a standard unit. Not bad considering my unit isn't servo-assisted. No more cramped shins when sitting in traffic, and the clutch sits nicely on biting point.

Definitelty recommend it.

Stu

·
Registered
275 Posts
i had a hks twin plate fitted recently. so light to use its unbelievable, my seat ibizas is much firmer to press:eek:

however, the biting point was awful, it kept varying etc. i just couldnt get used to it, and dreaded coming up to roundabouts, pulling away in first gear etc. so abbey have removed the 'damper' and voila...a real pleasure to use! unbelievable transformation!now feels like a normal, slightly delicate clutch.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Errr...

Alan,

I haven't got a clue:eek: . I'm afraid the thread starter summed up my technical knowledge:D . I'll let Gary post up as he's in the technical know.

As for the legs working out...they get that trying to beat the wife to the car...I'm not quite quick enough yet so I'm in the 306!

Spudgun,

from what I've been told the GTR has a servo-assisted clutch, hence the ease of use. Whereas the GTS isn't servo-assisted as standard hence a very heavy pedal which made finding the bite point at roundabout interesting! So i had similar dreads to you in first. Glad to hear Abbey sorted your woes:) . Its these chaps who maintain our enjoyment of the cars.

Best wishes,

Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts