GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I can't see how they'd fit, but if you've got the money & time....

the bigest turbos normally used is twin 3540's this got the velside car to 300 kph in 13secs

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just wanted to know...I am going for twin T04Zs and I am 120% sure that would work I just wanted to see if I could go even bigger thats all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
your problem is space in the engine bay. T04Z twins already a tight fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mate, i dont think you can...if they did fit somehow...the 2.6ltr would have to rev to 12,000rpm to spool the suckers!

cheers,

Francisco

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha...yes...I just was curious if it worked or not thats all. And about my my Twin T04Zs....wouldnt a HKS V-CAM and 500cc of extra engine displacement be enough to spool turbos that size? I am trying to get serious power with as much response as possible... I have looked everywhere and I have found some things that claim they can virtually eliminate turbo lag. I will have to wait and see but until then I will stick with the T04Zs and that they are my final selection in turbos for the car.

·
Registered
440 Posts
twin T04Z have been done in aussy or NZ. unless you want to have 1400bhp at the fly all your going to do is have lag. best choose what power you want then get the turbos that will flow that power and no more!

T04Z arent rated anymore but are a good turbo.

i dont see you gettting anymore power than 1000 at the fly so stick with hks twin turbos and copy another proven set up on the forum. you would need a 2.8-3.0 engine with major head work even to start..have you thought about reliability...do you want to build a drag car because thats what it will be

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
No I dont want a dedicated drag car...I just want serious power. So you think the twin T04Zs will just be nothing but lag? I dont plan on staying with a 2.6L. I am going with a 3.1L. The T04Zs are known for having high power with small amount of turbo lag. I plan on getting parts that will reduce lag as much as possible. everyone check this website out...here is the link.
Nissan Skyline GTR R32 - 885.8 Horses you dont want to mess with!

I talked to the owners of the car and they tell me they were out for top end power so they have 304 degree or 312 degree cams. I am having 272 both IN and EX. I can see me with these turbos and do what ever it takes to reduce lag. if not that I guess I will have to go with 3240s but they have been done so many times I dont think the car would be as unique as twin T04Zs. And I refuse to go single turbo so thats is out of the question. My tuner says it is ok and they can tune it to with the HKS FCON VPRO so we will have to see.

·
Registered
440 Posts
why do you think a specific route is always taken because that works. if you risk this route with the T04Z it will work but you wont produce the power they are rated to which is 1400bhp atf. your engine if built to a massive strong spec will run max 1200bhp atf and im talking built by the best with no expence spared. so your looking for twin turbos that will flow 600bhp each. some cars even have smaller turbos like TD06 22g then modified massivly to produce more power. T04Z will look great but you wont have an efficient car whatever the case.

Theres lots of people wo want to do something different.The twin T04Z has been done and was drag raced but wasnt efficient. it wasnt anywhere near 1100bhp let alone 1400 hence why its not on the list of quick drag skylines.

only put turbos on the car that will produce the power the engine can make the rest is a waste but good for show. if your doing it for show and to not be effieient you may aswell put 2x T51R SPL turbos on it(2000bhp atf)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aaaah....this is the hardest thing....so do you think I should go with twin 3240s? I am not buying a kit. I want a custom setup. I don't know....I am going to have a nismo GT block so I know it can handle the power. I just love the twin T04Z setup...I could deal with turbo lag but just so much. I havent heard anything else about the aussie car..and that gets me to thinking about what you just said. "efficient"...I wounder if they took them off because they haven't posted any updates for it. I guess I will have to take to my tuner because I am trying to take someone down and use both having the same turbos wont really be that much fun. When I told my tuner about me wanting the twin t04z setup he said ok like it was a walk in the park and I know first hand he has experience and can pull almost anything off. I just wish I could see how the drag r32 handled with those 2 turbos...I dont plan to only drag race. I plan to have a triple threat GT-R...track, street and drag. I plan to shed aloooot of weight from carbon fiber inside and out. All the tuners I spoke with says it ok to have twin t04zs..I don't know where to go from here. I heard alot of companies having twin t04zs but I never seen then...So does that mean that it just wont work period?

·
Registered
440 Posts
it will work you can fit any turbos you like it will be mapped properly and will run fine but youll have so much lag it will be stupid. if you want the car on the road its just ridiculous. ultimate rd cars are low lag quick sppol turbo setups. you cant really have the best of both worlds it needs to be perfect for one or the other. you can drive it on the road at low boost and guzzle a load of petrol but if its not a problem do it. if you wana have the odd race on the road and you can keeo the revs above 6k all the time then you wont have much lag. as i said the twin T04Z has been done. even twin T51R has been done but in some 4.0L + desert racer! maybe that tells you something.

at the end of the day your 3.1 will run max 1200bhp even on race fuel and reliability is going to be awful! just fit turbos that the engine will produce the power i.e fuel air etc. if you want 1000bhp with 400bhp worth of lag but be unique then go for it and who cares bout the extra lag

here is yet another twin T04Z skyline. around 900bhp atf so hes got 500bhp worth of lag. the cars already on race fuel so if your on normal fuel it will make 800bhp. the boost is very high so not to reliable.

885.8HP at the wheels in Dyno Dynamics Shootout Mode 2005 on XSpeed's Dyno on Thursday the 18th of August 2005 with 1.9 bar of boost and Martini Racing 110 octane Race Fuel

799.9hp at the wheels in Dyno Dynamics Shootout Mode 2005 on Hyperdrive's Dyno with 1.8 bar of boost and Sunoco 114 octane Race Fuel
Greddy Intake Plenum
Xspeed Drag Spec Exhaust Manifolds
Twin HKS T04Z BAll Bearing Turbos
Twin HKS GT2 Wastegates
Xspeed Custom Intercooler Piping
Greddy Drag Intercooler
Apexi Power FC D-Jetro ECU
HKS EVC
HKS ETC
DEFI Link Boost Gauge, Exhaust Temperature X 2, Fuel Pressure X 2, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Oil Pressure, DEFI Control Unit II X 2, DEFI Link Indicator X 7
Nissan N1 Block
HKS 2.8L Crankshaft
HKS Conrods
HKS Nikel Coated Pistons
HKS Oil Pump Upgrade
HKS Crank Damper Kit
Tomei Main stud Kit
Greddy Sump Extention
Nismo Bearings
HKS (Undisclosed) Camshafts
HKS Valve Springs
JUN Titanium Retainers
HKS Valve Guides
HKS Valve Stem Seals
HKS Head Bolts
HKS Drag Metal Head Gasket
Tomei Cam Stud Kit
Power Enterprises Timing Belt

this engine is making the same power as a different engine with same spec but 1x T51 KAI turbo and no extra lag! looks good but how un efficient

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
haha i posted the link to that website yeah. I plan on having much better things than they do. If needed I will use a little bit of nitrous to help out. Well ken henderson tells me I will get the power I am looking for and he has twin 3240s on a 3.4L in his 94 supra and he gets full boost by 6000rpm and if I can do the same I will be ok....when you say un efficient that do you mean that it just wont last? That car wont have no where near as much portection and peformance parts as I will...and it wont cost me a arm and both legs either. dont buy retail. I will cheat and use a little bit of nitrous if needed to help out but if My tuner says it can be done I believe him because their "Supra 7" a FD3S with a 2JZ-GTE was going to have twin T04Zs turbos but didnt fit. SP Engineering work magic on cars and are without a doubt one of the best if not the best performance shop in the United States. So I am willing to see what happens...I will have the internals and most of the external parts swain tech and jet hot coated to greatly cut underhood heat so I am not worried about that. And the cams they used were 312 degree cams because I spoke with them and he said they we after top end power not low response. On top of that I dont plan to have the car as a daily driver mainly a weekend driver. I am sure Alex would have told me it wouldnt work right and go with something else. So I will ask him again will it work just to double check. I know no other turbo in its range that can spool like a T04Z.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my mistake it is 5700rpm..and he has 1350 to the flywheel. if anyone wants to see his dyno sheet click here
TO4R.COM dyno sheet plotter
and go to ken henderson with HKS 3.4L and twin 3240s. you will have to click the box to select it and at the bottom it will say display....he tells me the 2JZ is superior than a RB motor...so I want to prove him wrong so that is why I am going for a GT block and twin t04zs...nitrous if need I will get more power than him. And not kill my engine trying to do it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
by not being effiecient i mean you have 2 big turbos and not the power they both produce. the 3.4L will run 1600bhp atf and more with nos. you are using a 3.1L and the most power you will get is 1200bhp so turbos that size are a waste but look good. if you have smaller turbos i.e what everyone else does you will prevent excess lag.

this ken henderson can only have the power that the turbos will flow( air/fuel) -1060bhp atf on standard 3240's.doesnt matter how big his engine is.

if you have a 3.4 supra with the twin T04Z you will get the 1400bhp atf but with bigger turbos you will get 1600 atf @ 3.0bar

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
by not being effiecient i mean you have 2 big turbos and not the power they both produce. the 3.4L will run 1600bhp atf and more with nos. you are using a 3.1L and the most power you will get is 1200bhp so turbos that size are a waste but look good. if you have smaller turbos i.e what everyone else does you will prevent excess lag.

this ken henderson can only have the power that the turbos will flow( air/fuel) -1060bhp atf on standard 3240's.doesnt matter how big his engine is.

if you have a 3.4 supra with the twin T04Z you will get the 1400bhp atf but with bigger turbos you will get 1600 atf @ 3.0bar
Yes not being efficient due to drive train lose right? I know no car that can put the same power down to the ground as they put to the flywheel if that is what you are talking about...Im fine if I cant get 1500hp+ I just need enough to take down what ever steps up. I can have Crower custom make a 3.1L or 3.2L to my spec and that thing can handle serious power. Crower custom stroker kit the cheapest stroker kit I know that lets you have options. But I am not worried I just want to be a highway king, track demon and drag leader thats all I am trying to do....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes not being efficient due to drive train lose right? I know no car that can put the same power down to the ground as they put to the flywheel if that is what you are talking about...Im fine if I cant get 1500hp+ I just need enough to take down what ever steps up. I can have Crower custom make a 3.1L or 3.2L to my spec and that thing can handle serious power. Crower custom stroker kit the cheapest stroker kit I know that lets you have options. But I am not worried I just want to be a highway king, track demon and drag leader thats all I am trying to do....
when he means efficent he means the turbos and the setup.

Reading all your post you seem to want to build a all around sports car. Skylines are the Unicorn of sports cars enthusist in the US, but don't expect that you can be
highway king, track demon and drag leader
all at the same time. Even builders in Japan have 2 motors one for drag and one for time attack. They switch them as which races they are competeing against.

Have you even dynoed and enjoyed your car yet? your build alone is at $40k+. Do you think you'll be happy? Someone will always build and have faster car. What you are comparing your build against is to apples(2.6l or your 3.2l build) and oranges (3.4l 2jz).

Again, good luck on your journey to having the higher hp to your friend's Supra.

John

1 - 20 of 48 Posts