GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am thinking of changing to a single turbo setup and was wondering if anyone could give an opinion on what my old setup is worth.

So I have a standard r34 gtr setup with garrett 2860-5 turbos, they are in good condition and only done 5000 miles since new. So I would be selling the complete kit, turbos, manifolds, exhaust to the down pipe, intake pipes and all oil and water lines. I would even throw in a set of hks mushroom filters with maf delete pipes.

Any thoughts, I'm just working out how much this is worth better spending on a single turbo kit.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris for the feedback, I see your point about all the oe stuff. I suppose I thought it would be worth something to have all the bits you need to convert a gtst to a twin turbo setup maybe.

Now the turbos are around £1400 new on there own so if I put the whole lot up for say £1000 I would think that is a good deal, what do you think?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Tubs 800 to 900, elbows r34 about 100 to 150, MAF delete prob about 50 to 80, filters if in good condition 60 to 90

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I've been trying to sell my hks2540 set up complete for over a year, albeit not the turbo set up of choice apparently, but at £1k in sure you would sell your set up.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys, that's exactly what I needed to help make a decision.
I've been thinking of getting the whiffbitz single turbo setup for ages and now may be the time :).

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Thanks Chris for the feedback, I see your point about all the oe stuff. I suppose I thought it would be worth something to have all the bits you need to convert a gtst to a twin turbo setup maybe.

Now the turbos are around £1400 new on there own so if I put the whole lot up for say £1000 I would think that is a good deal, what do you think?
If the turbos are in good nick I think you could go a bit higher than that. When I was in the market I would have snapped something like that up in a second.

Afaik the rb25 has a different manifold stud pattern to the rb26.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
should sell for £1k, I shall have my -7s and r34 elbows up for sale shortly at £1k

·
Registered
952 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, that's exactly what I needed to help make a decision.
I've been thinking of getting the whiffbitz single turbo setup for ages and now may be the time :).
I am heading the same direction as you are matey - remove my HKS GTSS kit and go for a single.

I was seriously considering the whifbitz kit as I met a guy in north london who had it done and it goes and sounds awesome. BUT, after speaking to rawbrokerage in Orlando, they are doing me a better deal for a Precision 6266 complete kit (£3100 delivered!!) it's too good to resist....although I do love the whifbitz BW turbo jet engine noise lol.

I am hoping to put my old turbo setup for sale around the 1K mark also.

Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
New Turbos are around £1300 so used ones at around £800-900 seem about right.
only without the vat, most people cant claim it back so will pay nearer £1600.

I wouldn't sell mine for less than £1k but they are almost brand new.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts