GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Correct me if I´m wrong.... But hasn´t this picture been up before, and as I recall, someone found out it was fake....??????

Looks really cool though.....:D

·
Registered
771 Posts
well nissan made a "twin-charge" production micra in the eighties - so why not somebody else do a twin-charge rb26?

looks cool!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Looks nice but a few points.
Assuming the 2 inlets into the intercooler are the same 2 pipes coming off the turbo's.-

Where the piping exits the supercharger it just seems to end straight behing the intercooler piping, surely you should be able to see some kind of joint or bend? And it would need valves somewhere to stop the supercharger simply blowing it's air back out through the turbo's. Either that or piping going from outlet of supercharger into inlets of turbo's to blow through them.

Sorry I'm in a picky mood today!!

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
Cord said:
Looks nice but a few points.
Assuming the 2 inlets into the intercooler are the same 2 pipes coming off the turbo's.-

Where the piping exits the supercharger it just seems to end straight behing the intercooler piping, surely you should be able to see some kind of joint or bend? And it would need valves somewhere to stop the supercharger simply blowing it's air back out through the turbo's. Either that or piping going from outlet of supercharger into inlets of turbo's to blow through them.

Sorry I'm in a picky mood today!!
Cord, this is only a question so bare with me.....

Presuming that the 2 inlet pipes to the intercooler are seperate, and that the 'turbo' pipes are welded at point '1' (if that would be feasable or just too restrictive?) then the lower intercooler pipe would be purely for the supercharger - although it would be a 90 degree bend.
If '2' is an inline none return valve and is repeated (with different pressure ratings) for the lower pipe, would the system then work?

If that makes sense?

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
Cord said:
Matt,
A bit resrictive and stuff, but your theory is spot on.
Just noticed what I was trying to explain is in the diagram on the wall. D'oh!

Cheers Cord.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Did they ever get it working properly? This picture is three years old at least but I don't ever recall it actually working properly.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Definately looks strange. That appears to be a roots style supercharger that normally sits on top of the intake manifold and forces the air/fuel into the engine...how would this set-up work?:confused:

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
psd1 said:
Definately looks strange. That appears to be a roots style supercharger that normally sits on top of the intake manifold and forces the air/fuel into the engine...how would this set-up work?:confused:
Doesnt matter where the charger sits, its just a screw style charger like most are.

And the fuel only travels through the charger if thats how the car has been set up, ie on old yank tanks running a big carb.

Only reason why this setup looks strange is the way its piped in, not a very good way of doing it, and unless it has some kind of 1-way valve setup i cant see, it wont work at all, and even then its a poo setup.

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
Steve,

Isn't there inline valves in the inlets to the intercooler.

As in number '2' in the pic above?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I must admit that I had understood that they couldn't get it to work properly on the road. Something to do with the mapping I'd thought?

As John says, it is at least 3 years ago that this first appeared, so if they had got it to work, I would have thought we might have herd a lot more about it by now!

·
Following EJH#25
6,824 Posts
SteveN said:
Matt- Possibly, but they need to be a 1way valve to seperate the turbos from the charger, and them ones look like they after that join.
Look at the pic on the wall in the background Steve - aint that 2 x 1 way valves stopping reverse flow?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Fuggles said:
Did they ever get it working properly? This picture is three years old at least but I don't ever recall it actually working properly.
Actually, welcome to TAS 2000! Time flies in repost land. LOL! :D

Unlike the example in this thread, I think there was a working twin charged setup at TAS 2006. Can anybody recall or confirm with pix?

Cya O!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts