GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a GTR33 and was driving it today on wet roads and nearly lost it coming out of a bend, putting the throttle on too soon. The back end became very twitcy (as did my own!), flipping right out almost into oncoming traffic. I wasn't really gunning it though and it took me by surprise. Is this a feature of the Skyline in the wet? My Pulsar GTi-R never used to do this, despite a similar power. Presumably the longer wheel-base of the Skyline is the issue. Cheers,

Hamish

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wobbly bottom

Hi Hamish,

At the end of the day, although the Skyline can't defeat the laws of physics, it can have a damn good go :) but if the back starts to go, the trick is to keep the power on so that the fancy electronics can have a go. ...

If you didn't lift off as the back lost grip; it could be that the the HICAS or ATTESSA PRO (left right split) may be playing up .. or even tracking / tyre presssure could be off.

I'd get a garage to look at it!

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Hi Hamish

Exactly the same happened to me when i first got mine
It is very un-nerving to actually push the throttle down a bit further when the back steps out but like Joss says if you do this then all the electronics come into play.
Its quite impressive the first time as the car adopts a nice angle and holds it untill you straighten up or the back regains grip.

Best regards

·
Registered
225 Posts
GOOD FUN HEY

:p

JUST KEEP YOUR FOOT TO THE FLOOR.:smokin:

CHEERS SLIPPERY.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
sunny versus skyline

Did you know that the sunny is 4wd whereas the skyline is rwd. The electronics will transfer some of the power to the front wheels when required, but of course there is a delay and if you take your foot off the pedal it will not be able to do this.
Of course rwd is much more fun than 4wd but you have got both in one car;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
DUMP THE STANDARD TYRES

I had a very twitchy back end on my R33 until moving over to SO2s. Brands Hatch, wet day, totally twitchy quick oversteer.

Lunchtime, switched to SO2s. Totally different car, steady easy progressive oversteer but no twitching

Voila

RGS

·
Registered
865 Posts
I had the same today leaving work, powered down to soon and the back started to fishtail, but then HICASS came in and pretty much corretected all with some steering and pants grapping moments. lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
4wd cars

lads, i would just like to add my bit to this thread. having been "groomed" on 4wd turbo cars i must say the first few times pressed on in the skyline i was dissaappointed! i for one am somebody who wants to put his foot down out of a corner and i expect the car to grip and go! The quattro does this with consumate ease, just understeering if its very wet. Its only when i actually compared the gt-r and the quattro on the same roundabout that i worked out whats going on. the skyline moves around alot more however its travelling 20-30% faster than the audi. this speed deffential between the two took by complete surprise. i now understand that as long as you keep the power on and allow the car to adopt is own attitude is completely fine and safe(ish..depending on how wide the road is). thus in my experince foot down in the skyline....back of gently in other 4wd cars. (never driven an evo whatever, but will one day)

rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts