GTR Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Spoilermixer - It was great fun! I have ordered the cobb. 15% off until today. (you clearly know more about these cars than I do and am very impressed by the 'sideways at every corner'.

Maxxwaxx - we used the full circuit (not one of the break out tracks they use for the palmersport days.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Spoilermixer;1212665 I felt sorry for the guy with BMW M6 who couldn't cope with us on the long straights. :squintdan[/QUOTE said:
:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup: Against standard or Cobbed, how closely matched were they.
Ive run my standard gtr against my mates new RS6 ( the supposed 580hp model ) and i pulled a massive gap from 20 - 100 then it stayed about the same upto 160 :sadwavey:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Was it a sat nav car? They sound better than the earlier ones.

There was a very loud R34 GT-R there, amazed it made it past the noise Nazis at the local council!
Was it a TR Racing car???

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
He must have been running a bung in the exhaust with the boost controller off as Bedford is so stricked with noise levels.
He is a very nice guy, one of the most genuine you will ever meet and very freindly car fanatic.

Tony

·
Registered
164 Posts
Paul seemed a great guy - it took me about 30 mins to work out where the tow eye was that I was told needed to be on the front of the car and he offered to call some people in the know. Fortunately I managed to find it before looking too stupid.

(for those like me who did not know - it is under the floor in front of the passenger seat)

Judging by the flames I saw coming out of the exhaust, i don't think there were any bungs....

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
His was definitely the loudest car there by a huge margin and when he didn't appear for a while after lunch I assumed he'd been thrown off! But he came out again.

Hambroski, how did you pry off the little cover over the towing eye hole without scratching the paint? There's precious little clearance.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Hambroski, how did you pry off the little cover over the towing eye hole without scratching the paint? There's precious little clearance.[/QUOTE]

The same way i did, CAREFULLY !!!!! Getting it open is easy, closing it back up isn't !!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I borrowed a screw driver from somebody else and did it carefully. It is a pain and needs to be done v carefully as it could easily cause a big scratch on the bumper.

The tool kit in the car seems to only consist of the tow eye and the locking wheel nut thing. (No tools...)

Closing it was quite hard - it took a few minutes as I thought I must have had it the wrong way around...

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Hambroski

Did you totaly remove the little "flap" when you did yours ? I did and then had to put the tiny little arrow head back into the eye, right pain in the ar*e ! You are right about it may be the wrong way round !!I spent ages thinking I havn't got it in corectly

21 - 32 of 32 Posts