GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would appreciate some advice here please. Thinking of things to do to my gtr. Changing the BOVs..... Is it worth it? What are advantages and can anyone recommend a brand please?

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
not sure, but if you're bored take the car out for a blast! :D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Where you based? I have the HKS BOV your welcome to try as only takes 20 mins tops to change and even less to change back if you don't like as the hoses will be not grimed on.

I did around 200 miles with them on and it wasn't for me personally. I found on the move them very nice sounding, but low speeds 2nd to 3rd around town a bit intrusive perhaps I'm getting old :D

Link to mine for sale here not trying to say buy it for reference or sway you but it does have some info on BOV in general and also a sound clip I took to give an idea should it help with any decision. http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/254921-hks-super-sqv-iv-bov.html

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Andy, am in between Basingstoke, reading and hook.... If you can triangulate such a place.

And i have taken it for a blast. Trouble is... The more I drive it the slower it feels and the more likely I am to burn the 18k needed to get to the next level of power. (Amar rubbing his hands at this point :))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts