GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading back to England after visiting Hamm in Germany this weekend, on Sun. 14th Sept., two R35s drive into the Eurotunnel car park waiting area. First one was a black 62 plate and the other was a DMG with a private plate reg.V## GTR. Not sure if you spotted me but I was in the red one waiting for my time slot to board the train.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I was the DMG one, just had a 2150 mile trip to The Alps and back :D

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have recognised the car as I was at Bruntingthorpe with you on the Asda day.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yep! It was far cleaner at Asda, though :D

Did you stop at Stop24 in Folkestone just after? I caught a very quick glimpse of a red GT-R going in there as I was meeting a friend in the services area.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep! It was far cleaner at Asda, though :D

Did you stop at Stop24 in Folkestone just after? I caught a very quick glimpse of a red GT-R going in there as I was meeting a friend in the services area.
Yes, filled up with fuel before heading home to MK.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Thought so :) Distinctive noise :D

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Nice. How bad was the M1. It took us ages to get back to Liverpool. Next time, it's south around the M25 and then to the M40.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Eurotunnel

Im guessing that the Euro tunnel is Gtr friendly then), im heading to Germany in the summer and was a little curious regarding gtr ride height etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Absolutely no problem.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im guessing that the Euro tunnel is Gtr friendly then), im heading to Germany in the summer and was a little curious regarding gtr ride height etc.

Thanks
When we go on the Eurotrips we book the high vehicle option as the carriages are slightly wider, the normal car carriages are a bit tight for an R35 and it is easy to scrape the rims in the normal carriage.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
When we go on the Eurotrips we book the high vehicle option as the carriages are slightly wider, the normal car carriages are a bit tight for an R35 and it is easy to scrape the rims in the normal carriage.
I'm a more accurate and careful driver than Barry. So, I don't tend to have a problem. :D

Reactions: jamieboy78

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
just ask to go downstairs

turn on going up can catch the tyre

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm nearly always first on, leading the way downstairs, as I have a disabled wife, so we get to be at the front ! getting onto the train is the only bit where you need to be cautious but other than that its a doddle and good fun hearing the "blipped" throttle in such an enclosed space...oh how immature we can be sometimes :chuckle:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts