GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of anywhere decent in the Preston/Southport/Ormskirk/St Helens area who'd be able to change the run flats on GTR without completing screwing it up?

Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi

I have had my GTR for nearly 10 years and still have bridgestone Blizzak run flats on my OEM winter whels and normal Bridgestone run flats on my after market summer wheels.
I have used Steven at Wigan tyres to supply and fit all of them - he does a great job and is reasonably priced. He is a client of mine and has always given me very good prices but I am sure you would find him competitive as well.
Other than that try Middlehursts in St.Helens, I used them initially for the original dunlops, but switched to Steven. Very good service, but not sure on price - call and ask.
Neil

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I have had my GTR for nearly 10 years and still have bridgestone Blizzak run flats on my OEM winter whels and normal Bridgestone run flats on my after market summer wheels.
I have used Steven at Wigan tyres to supply and fit all of them - he does a great job and is reasonably priced. He is a client of mine and has always given me very good prices but I am sure you would find him competitive as well.
Other than that try Middlehursts in St.Helens, I used them initially for the original dunlops, but switched to Steven. Very good service, but not sure on price - call and ask.
Neil
Thanks mate. I actually did try Middlehurst but they weren't interested as I already had the tyres myself. Unfortunately they won't fit them if you supply them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi

You could give Steven a call, but to to fair he might not be interested in just charging a few £ for fitting he would rather supply and fit as well.

Neil

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of anywhere decent in the Preston/Southport/Ormskirk/St Helens area who'd be able to change the run flats on GTR without completing screwing it up?

Cheers,
Richard
Try Dave Roberts at Middlehurst. He quoted £700 for 2 fronts and £800 for 2 rears fitted which seems to be v competitive on Dunlops.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Try Dave Roberts at Middlehurst. He quoted £700 for 2 fronts and £800 for 2 rears fitted which seems to be v competitive on Dunlops.
Just seen the other message - most dealers and Kwik Fit won't fit tyres that you supply as they'll be worried there's no margin left if they damage an alloy.

·
Vendor
1,823 Posts
Just find an independent place to do it for you

I usually pay £5 removal on loose wheels and £10 for on off with balancing.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Kwik Fit do sometimes fit tyres not supplied by them - I've used them twice for this. Last time it cost me £80 but it wasn't for a GT-R nor Runflats. That said, I'm not sure I would trust them with my GT-R alloys and the special knurled rim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts