GTR Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
R35 Section manager
10,747 Posts
I've not tried a lot of Tyres TREG, but I've found the F1's to be the best "compromise" between Wet/Dry Grip, Wear and Price so far. I'm in a bit better paid job now however so I'm willing to give something that Grips better, but wears faster/is more expensive a go for the next set.
F1's will wear slower for sure but I always found the Toyos much better in the wet and even on a dry day the grip was excellent. I used my car for the road so not sure how they would be on the track.

·
Registered
16 Posts
F1's will wear slower for sure but I always found the Toyos much better in the wet and even on a dry day the grip was excellent. I used my car for the road so not sure how they would be on the track.
I had the same experience with toyos on my mr2 turbo compared to bridgestones, the toyos gripped a hell of a lot better wet or dry.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have several sets of wheels. RSR's on one set and NS2R's on another. The NS2R's (in soft compound) are far superior in the wet and better in the dry. Both seem the wear at the same rate.

I won't be buying RSR's again. NS2R's I will.

I also have some winters tyres. The NS2R's grip better in the cold than them too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Heh, I'm a long way away from ever sticking my 33 on a track!

There's a temptation to get new rubber early as I know my friend would buy my Tyres as they are... Must resist as there are greater priorities in my life right now. :eek:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
so if money is not a problem are we all saying the cup 2 is the best tyre or just the most expensive,as i don't care what i pay as long as they give excellent grip in the dry and wet,but as said previously i don't take my car on track,so don't want a track orientated tyre.

simon

21 - 25 of 25 Posts